We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl or Hilton

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl or Hilton

While it's nice of smartertravel.com to include the Pearl in its list of ten dreamy beachfront resorts, they really should have a picture of it rather than the Hilton.

http://www.smartertravel.com/photo-galleries/editorial/10-dreamy-beachfront-resorts.html?id=598&source=91&value=2013-11-17+00%3A00%3A00&u=37D9524DBD&nl_cs=16656338%3A%3A7597281%3A%3A16759278%3A%3A

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
329 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl or Hilton

My observations--

Hilton- I stayed here. Bungalows seemed bigger. Water is more diverse and not one colour because they have coral. Hilton seems more commercial but is really great. it's a bigger resort. Doesn't face Mt O and most have lagoon views. Is a pretty fast boat ride to Vaitape. Has 3 restaurants.

the Pearl- went to pick up guests there didn't stay.... Has one colour of water (pretty). Had smaller OWB. Seemed more rustic but lacked they wow factor at reception. Has views of Mt O. Seems a lot closer to other resorts.

Edited: 3:50 am, November 18, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl or Hilton

Picture of the pearl when I checked the link. Maybe they fixed it since you looked.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl or Hilton

I don't know about the Pearl but I just got back from the Hilton and I didn't have a good experience there. I would check another hotel. Friends of ours stayed at the intercontinental thalasso & loved it there. Maybe look into that?

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
419 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl or Hilton

The Hilton has the advantage of being closer to Vaitape if you plan on spending time on the main island.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl or Hilton

Ia Orana

The Pearl would offer the best view.

Why go to Paris and turn you back to the eiffel tower?

meherio

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl or Hilton

As LovinMaui (another featured island) said, smartertravel.com updated their photo (…slimg.com/smartertravel/gallery/598/origina…). This wasn't intended to be a debate about Bora Bora resorts (I have stayed at Le Moana and the Thalasso and enjoyed both), but feel free to have at it. I think the Pearl may have been chosen because its rates fell below an unstated price threshold

7. Re: Pearl or Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 28, 2014