We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floaties at Chin Lee?

Michigan
Level Contributor
495 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Floaties at Chin Lee?

I'm looking at my suitcase and what's going in it - it's like a math puzzle right now. :-)

IF I have to leave something at home it's probably going to be my floats for the water off our OWB. Does anyone know if they sell something like this at Chin Lee's or some other place in Vaitape? Any idea of the cost?

Julie (2 more days!!)

Mentioned in this post
Vaitape
Vaitape
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

I didn't see any floats/boats at Chin Lee grocery store. It's funny as we packed two inflatable floats in our suitcase as we had plenty of room. But you might want to check with your hotel as our hotel (Le Meridien) had several of them. We still preferred to use our own as we used it off our balcony with our OTW bungalow.

I'm sure you can probably buy them somewhere in Vaitape but I don't remember seeing any but check with your hotel first.

Mentioned in this post
Vaitape
Vaitape
Michigan
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

I wonder what happens to all the floats left behind (as ours were).

Michigan
Level Contributor
495 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

Thanks for the info - will check with the Hilton today.

MichiganChip - good question. I hadn't planned on bringing mine home but now I have this horrible image in my head of Bora Bora being a dumping ground for floaties and ruining it's natural beauty!

I've been concentrating so much on bringing the extras - floats, snorkel gear, drink mixes, snacks, etc - that I had a nightmare last night that I forgot to pack clothes! :-)

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

Have Kids,

Sure, you can buy relatively inexpensive Intex inflatables at the Super U in Vaitape. The Super U is less than 1/4 mile from Chin Lee's. We shopped there this past May and actually preferred it compared to Chin Lee's. An inflatable raft should cost you about $10.

Have Fun!

Mentioned in this post
Vaitape
Vaitape
Michigan
Level Contributor
495 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

Paul - excellent! Thank you!

Julie

Michigan
Level Contributor
495 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

The floaties fit and my suitcase only weighs 32 pounds. :-)

Julie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

Julie- we leave in less than 2 weeks and are staying at the same property. Keen to hear your reviews!

8. Re: Floaties at Chin Lee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 01, 2014