We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bora Bora 2 days on cruise overnighting

California
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Bora Bora 2 days on cruise overnighting

We will be in Bora Bora in April 2014. Our ship is overnighting so we will have two full days there. On the first day, we are with a group doing Patrick's lagoon boat tour. What would you recommend for the second day? Jet skiing? Or, is there a town worth visiting for the day where the cruise ship dock is? We're at a loss as to planning and would appreciate any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Manavai Jet Boat
Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Private Tours
Bora Bora Photo Lagoon
Boat Tours, Photography Tours
Lagoon limousine
Taxis & Shuttles, Speed Boats Tours, Boat Tours
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
543 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bora Bora 2 days on cruise overnighting

I'd recommend doing a 4x4 tour of the island. They take you all around the island and also up to 2 or 3 very beautiful viewpoints where you can take photos of the gorgeous lagoon and surrounding motus. This doesn't have to be booked in advance, when you get off the ship you will be tendered to Vaitape (very very small town). At the pier where the tenders drop you off there will be tour operators set up. We went with Vavau (tour operator) for our 4x4 tour, it was bumpy at times but we had a great time. They also took us up to the WW2 cannons and Bloody Marys (bar). It was a 1/2 day excursion, I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I don't recall it being expensive. I would recommend doing this in the morning. For the 2nd half of your day, you could ask your guide with Vavau if he would drop you off at Matira beach. From there you can take a cab back to the dock to get back on the ship.

As far as a town - Vaitape is very small. There is a little market right off the pier and a bunch of pearl stores in the town. In my opinion, the prices for pearls (and everything else, frankly) was at least 25-50% more in Bora Bora than what we found in Papeete, even for the same styles at chain type stores. If you are looking for pearls, I recommend you look in Papeete unless of course you find something unique that you fall in love with elsewhere.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Matira Beach
Matira Beach
1,220 Reviews
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Papeete
Papeete
Tahiti, French Polynesia
Michigan
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bora Bora 2 days on cruise overnighting

Does the lagoon tour include snorkeling? If not, and you'd like to do it, I'd recommend that for your second day. Actually, I'd recommend it over a lagoon tour, which you pretty much get anyway with a multiple-stop snorkeling excursion.

California
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bora Bora 2 days on cruise overnighting

Thank you for your suggestions. I was just on a website and the 4 x 4 sounds great. Thanks for letting me know that I can just book it when we get there!

Our lagoon tour on day 1 does include snorkeling and a BBQ lunch.

4. Re: Bora Bora 2 days on cruise overnighting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 23, 2014