We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how deep is the water?

orange county
4 posts
Save Topic
how deep is the water?

just wanted to know how deep the water is at the overwaterbungalows at the sofitel motu? please shed me some light here...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how deep is the water?

It depends which bungalow you have. It was about 8-9 feet right outside ours, but if you swam over to the next one, it was only about 5 feet!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how deep is the water?

Mayoe, the deepest spot in the lagoon of Bora Bora is about 100-150 feet deep. Vast areas are no more than 5-10 feet deep. The ocean? drops off very rapidly just off the barrier reefs of the Society Islands with 5,000 foot depths being vey common.

orange county
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how deep is the water?

thank you jcena and pub-7 for the information. i believe our ouvewater bungalow is the regular one not the horizon/end bungalows. i'm not a very good swimmer but my fiance is...i'm a bit worried that it might be too deep for me.

Buffalo, NY
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: how deep is the water?

I was in bungolow 123 and I could stand with my head above water at the steps. I'm 5 ft. tall. Don't be afraid of the water. You float easily in salt water and the resort has life jackets if you need them.

5. Re: how deep is the water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 15, 2009