We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

I have booked one tour with Patrick (3/4 lagoon tour) in one of the days in April. All advice are welcome!

Also, cash in USD or XPF for these tours?!?

Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

@zoethesailor What type of tour did you do with Reef Discovery? How much was it?

We want to do a snorkeling tour, and we are primarily interested in the sharks, so if anyone knows which tour might focus more on the shark part rather than the rays, please let me know! :)

Laguna Niguel...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

GG - THANKS SO MUCH for your informative response. We believe pre-arranging our tours will be best, as we will also be on a cruise. Did you find the cruise excursions to be MUCH more expensive than the ones you arranged prior to your trip? We have found that certainly is true based on past experience on cruises in other locations.

Sounds like the Blue Lagoon tour in Rangiroa was one not to be missed, so we will try to get a reservation there. Also heard the Green Lagoon is very nice...any info on that?

As for Bora Bora we are thinking about a 4 x 4 tour there since we have not seen that island.

Thanks again, and look forward to hearng from you.

Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

Yes, the ship excursions are really overpriced compared to what you can book on your own, like $25-$50 more pp. I also feel like you get so much more for your money booking by yourself. All of the companies we worked with were professional, on time (pickup & dropoff), and made sure we had a great time. Don't get me wrong, my in-laws booked only ship sponcered excursios and they had a good time too, but I think afterwards they wished they would have booked with us. I LOVED the blue lagoon, so picture perfect! Other good choices for Rangiroa I've heard is the pink sands beach or the coral beach tour. Rangiroa also has the only winery in PF, although I don't know of anyone taking a tour there. The pearl farms on Rangiroa or Raiatea had the best prices for pearls too if you looking. I've never heard of the green lagoon. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

SherryG, if you don't mind me asking which excursions and which company did you book?

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

I booked my 3/4 tour lagoonarium on April 5th with Patrick since that's all the days he has left on days we are going! We might just wait and book other excursion like jet ski when we get there.

Fontana, California
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

I prebooked all my excursions and dinner reservation at villa mahana myself. Just email the companies you'd like to tour with. It's easy, cheaper, and one less thing to worry about. 20 more days til we leave on our honeymoon to bora bora! =)

17. Re: Book activities ahead of time or swing it???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 04, 2014