We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons or Hilton?

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Four Seasons or Hilton?

We are planning a trip to Bora Bora for 6 nights with our two boys (9 yrs old & 6 yrs old). We got the quote from the travel agent for Four Seasons & Hilton. The difference is US $2000, but the one with Hilton includes breakfast & dinner, and FS includes breakfast only. So over all, the difference we are looking at is aroud 3 to 4k.

So does FS worth the 3 to 4 k difference? I know there is a kids club in FS, does anybody know if it's free? and does Hilton have the similar kids club or kids camp? All inputs are welcome!

Thanks.

DJ

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

Is FS allowing the four of you to stay in one bungalow? Their accomodation descriptions (www.fourseasons.com/borabora/accommodations/) suggest otherwise.

Edited: 4:28 pm, January 23, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

Yes, they did. Thanks.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

Hi hi,

Indeed, the Four Seasons will allow two children (along w/two adults) if they are younger. Both can sleep on the pull out sofa in the livingroom quite easily.

The 'Kids for all Seasons' club at Four Seasons is free. There is also a teen club called 'Chill Island'. Both are quite nice facilities, there are supervised activities as well & even a beach for the teenagers. The kids 'splash pad' is pretty fun...at least I enjoyed it lolololol!!! Have a peek at the website for lots more info:

fourseasons.com/borabora/…

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 11:00 am, January 24, 2013
Michigan
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

I think we "aged out" of FS making an exception a few years ago (our kids our now 11 and 15). Room capacity appears to be resort-by-resort, though. FS Costa Rica and Bora Bora won't allow the four of us to share a room (which is why we stayed at the Thalasso), but FS Nevis will. Enjoy while you can.

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

Thanks Shully for the information, really appreciate it!

As much as I like FS, Hilton is also quite attractive, especially it's a better site for snorkeling. So in your opinion, does FS worth the $3-4 k difference? I know the food & drink probably is also quite expensive there.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

Hi Jennifer:

Happy to give my thoughts.... The Hilton Bora Bora Nui is a four star resort & the Four Seasons is a five star plus resort...hence the big price difference. FS is a Big step up accomodation wise. Worth it?...Honestly it's a personal choice based on expectations. Indeed the Hilton has great snorkeling right on property & beautiful lagoon/horizon views. The Four Seasons has open lagoon views and Mt Otemanu views from all over the property. FS spa is a full service spa...quite beautiful! FS...the food is better & more $...the Sunset Bar is great. The Hilton, the bungalows have a distinct Tahitian flair, nice, although older than FS. Breakfast And Dinner inclusion is great and makes things easier w/ a family. The substantial price difference: May swing toward Hilton if the overall resort experience (service/food/bungalow etc) isn't as important to you as $ for activities/snorkeling on property etc. It is a choice only you can make. Honestly, they are both lovely properties, just different star value.

Hope this helps alittle.

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 5:48 pm, January 24, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

I can't answer all of your questions but I have traveled around the island and spent some time at the Four Seasons location (but did not stay at the hotel). The Four Seasons is in a much more private and remote location than many of the other bungalow hotels on Bora Bora. It's a lovely, lovely spot and very secluded. The bungalows at the Four Seasons also appeared larger than many of the other bungalows I saw.

Many of the other other hotels (not sure about the Hilton specifically) are in such a large groups it's almost a "bungalow city"! However, this might be nice if you like a bit of action/people watching. Also, I'm pretty sure that occupancy rates are lower than normal due to tourism being down in French Polynesia, so you might not find "bungalow city" to be all that crowded.

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

Thanks Shully & Jodes01 for your valuable comment. I still haven't made my final pick yet. As much as I appreciate the facilities and the luxuries that FS provides, the coral and fish scene under the bungalow and on-site snorkeling in Hilton is hard to give up. I start leaning towards Hilton a bit now, since I think if we return to BB in the future, we can stay with FS, 'cause by then we might be too old to snorkel! lol.

Really love TA, love this place. And thanks for everyone's advice, really appreciated!

Boston...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

You're very welcome! I believe you'll be very happy with either choice. If we had kids, perhaps I would lean towards the Hilton. But it depends what you're looking for. Good luck! :)

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
28,374 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons or Hilton?

I have to say, the extensive lagoons at the FS, which have been populated by a marine biologist with coral and fish, were more than enough to keep us interested on site, and we're picky, experienced world travelers when it comes to snorkeling. We checked out the Hilton and thought it was a huge step down from the FS in terms of overall atmosphere and lodging. Truthfully none of the snorkeling around Bora Bora was nearly as good as we had in the Tuamotus anyway, but overall, I think you'd be happy with the FS experience, plus you should, regardless of where you stay, take an excursion out to the other areas around Bora Bora.