We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Le Meridien??

Irvine, California
8 posts
Save Topic
Hilton or Le Meridien??

Hello everyone. Planning to go on our honeymoon in Sept/Oct and have narrowed our options to either stay at the Hilton or Le Meridien for 5 nights. Planning to stay in the overwater bungalow. We are looking for something more for honeymooners. It looks like Hilton has a good view of the Horizon while the Le Meridien has a good view of the Mt. We can't decide which views are better? Prices for both is about the same except Hilton will provide daily dinner. Any thoughts or suggestion which resort is better? Any feedback will really help. Thanks!

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Hilton or Le Meridien??

Hey, I'm currently also looking into booking my honeymoon too Bora Bora but I'm a bit hesitant in doing so bc of the activities on the island. Me and my fiance are 25 years old and were not big party animals at all but we do like to keep ourselves busy at times. Are their any activities outside of aqua sports to enjoy. Please help me with this thanks

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hilton or Le Meridien??

Diego, if you are looking to do more the Aqua activities you may want to check out Moorea. Definitely more land activities, ATV tour, hiking, etc.

regards Bo

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hilton or Le Meridien??

Hi Jeff-again, sorry for a late response!

We did go to the main island. Le Meridien has a boat that will that you to their dock on the main island several times throughout the day (you will be provided with a schedule at check-in) For the most part, any of the large resturants will be able to pick you up directly from the Le Meridien dock on the main island and bring you to their resturant and then back to the dock and Le Meridien will bring you back to the hotel. We booked through the activities desk so they told us just to be at the dock at a certain time and the transportation through the resturant was already set-up. If you are looking to visit smaller places that might not arrange provided transportation, maybe ask the activities desk what they suggest. They were very honest and helpful with all the questions we had! I've heard that a taxi on your own can be expensive, but because we did not use one I'm afraid I can't confirm it. We only ended up leaving the hotel for just the one meal, so I don't have a ton of recommendations, but there were quite a few resturants mentioned across the forums and at the hotel you will get contact information for different excursion options.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
329 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hilton or Le Meridien??

Thanks. This is very helpful. We are booked for the Hilton but contemplating the Le Meredian.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hilton or Le Meridien??

We are headed to Bora Bora next month and booked a Premium OTW Bungalow. We had friends that stayed here and they RAVED about it. They went right after they were renovated a few short years ago and said they can't imagine anything better.

We are there for a week next month so I'll post a detailed trip report once we get back with lots of photos.

16. Re: Hilton or Le Meridien??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 11, 2014