We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I be cold?

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Will I be cold?

Ok I know it may sound crazy, but we leave in 16 days for the St Regis and I know it's the rainy season. Do I need to worry about being chilly if its raining all day? I tend to be cold natured but I don't want to pack anything that isn't necessary.

Any other last minute tips? I've been reviewing these forums for packing info. Trying to plan everything out but I am such an overpacker and like to be prepared so this is really challenging me.:)

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I be cold?

Take a light weight sweater to wear on the plane and consider buying

http://www.bing.com/shopping/lightweight-durable-poncho/p/D7DBF4433DB700D85002?q=lightweight+poncho&lpq=lightweight%20poncho&FORM=HURE

Troy, Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I be cold?

Just got back form there and don't worry about the "rainy season". We were there for 7 days and it probably rained 4 or 5 days for a half an hour each day with sun soon to follow. It can be a little breezy at the st. Regis particularly on the porch but depending on your room. I would bring a little something.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I be cold?

It never hurts to have a lightweight sweater or jacket or some sort of long sleeve shirt to keep the chill off in case you get cold. It's more necessary for the flight than for your stay in the islands. I usually bring a super light weight zip up hoodie made out of t-shirt material. Does the job just fine and it not big and bulky at all.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I be cold?

We just returned in December, and though the weather was generally warm and humid, after a few days of rain in a row, when the wind kicked up a little, it was slightly chilly. Mostly, I needed nothing more than a pareo around my shoulders while the wind was blowing. I always bring a light nylon windbreaker (with hood) for wearing on the plane anyway, and it works well when walking around in the rain.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I be cold?

The only times we were even the slightest bit chilled was when getting out of the water when there was a breeze and when we were in places where the air conditioning was set too low.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will I be cold?

Thank you all. I think I will take a hoodie jacket on the plane and maybe bring a fold up poncho (did I mention I hate being cold)!

7. Re: Will I be cold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 09, 2014