We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the flight from LAX to Papeete?

Pictou, Nova...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How is the flight from LAX to Papeete?

Hey everyone,

My 8 night stay at the Four Seasons is just 5 months away, YAY!

I have never been on a plane and it's going to take me a full 24 hours of travelling (including lay overs) and four different planes to get to Bora Bora. Admittedly, I'm a little nervous, especially when it comes to the 8.5 hr long flight from LA to Papeete. Generally, how is that flight? Is it usually a smooth one or should I be popping a few pills? Haha.

Cheers!

Sherry

Ontario
Level Contributor
476 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How is the flight from LAX to Papeete?

Hi Sherry,

You leaving Nova Scotia and flying direct to LAX ? Then onto Papette same day. Do you have to change planes in Toronto.

We just made the trek Toronto to LAX and Papette in October. Surprising not a problem at all. don't think you'll need anything it was all relaxing.

Enjoy your countdown.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
81 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How is the flight from LAX to Papeete?

Sherry,

In your carry-on bag, I suggest you pack your favorite pair of snuggly socks. There's no comfort in wearing shoes the whole long flight. Also, If you have a favorite beach pareo (you know that you wrap around in various ways while walking around in your bathing suit), it sometimes doubles as a nice little extra blanket on a plane. And, it's easier to sleep or rest when you have things that are yours and not the regular flight blankets only. Pareos fold nicely into small spaces. Also, earplugs and an eye mask go a long way to blocking out the world once you have comfy socks and a nice blanket. At take-off you can take something to help you eventually sleep. But, if you do take a pill, you may want to do it almost as soon as you board because you don't want to be drugged when you land! Just in case you can't sleep, bring you own set of little headphones so you have something else that's yours to use while watching a movie. And, for about a month before a long flight, I don't watch any new movies so I have something new to watch while flying. Happy flying!

Mary

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How is the flight from LAX to Papeete?

Great advice Mary! I like the tip about comfy socks :)

Pictou, Nova...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: How is the flight from LAX to Papeete?

Thanks so much for the advice, Mary!! I'll definitely be following your suggestions :D

15. Re: How is the flight from LAX to Papeete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 09, 2014