We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

We are planning a stay at the Bora Bora Intercontinental Thalasso. I understand the bungalows have Nespresso coffee makers and wonder whether the resort will throw a fit or try to charge me if I bring my own to use rather than paying their inflated prices.

Also, my wife and I stayed at the Moana Beach property back in its Beachcomber Parkroyal days and loved its beach. Do many people from the Thalasso hop the shuttle boat there to enjoy it?

1. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, November 10, 2012
San Diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

We are going in 2 weeks and was wondering the same thing about bringing your own pods. And do they have to be Nespresso brand or could you bring any pod?

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

I don't see why you couldn't bring your own pods and use them. I bring my own coffee to use in hotel coffee makers all the time, with no problem... Just keep your own supplies in a drawer out of sight so you don't ruffle any feathers!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

I am truly staggered by this thread - any hotel that charges guests for the coffee provided in their room surely isn't worth staying in. For heaven's sake, you are paying $1000 a night, maybe more, and they are charging for coffee pods?? Are all the hotels on BB doing this? In 130 countries and innumerable five star hotels I've never encountered this, anywhere.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

I kinda have to agree with you Paus. The hotels on Bora are known for nickle and diming you for everything already....but for coffee is more than a bit ridiculous in my opinion...especially when most already include breakfast in the room price!. If they want to charge for them...at least bury the cost in the room price so you don't see it. Charge $1005 a night and provide the coffee for free instead of $1000. Makes it a bit more palatable when you don't have to see the specific individual charge. What next? Charge for turn down service? Shampoo? Clean towels?

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

While I agree with the statements above, my goal wasn't to start a thread about hotels nickel and diming guests. What prompted me to ask about the coffee pods was an experience I had at a hotel (which will remain unnamed as I don't want this to turn into a complaint session about it) where I was charged for coffee based on the empty containers in the trash. I had brought my own, and the hotel's coffee was untouched. But still they tried to get me to pay.

I bring my own coffee partly to save money but mostly because I have often found hotel coffee to be stale and the offerings on the mild/bland side (I'm partial to Italian roast and espresso roast). A friend recommended packing plastic supermarket bags to hide used pods when I put them in the trash. A practical suggestion, though in my opinion a bit paranoid and inconsistent with a relaxing vacation.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

Although it is a bit annoying to do, I think your friends suggestion is best. Bring your own...but hide the evidence to avoid any confusion. :-)

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

You can definitely bring your own. I wouldn't think you need to hide the evidence either. If you have a concern clarify it with the front desk at check in. They will understand that you are partial to your own flavor.

Regards Bo

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

We took our own back in Feb - didn't hide them before use, didn't hide the evidence and nobody seemed at all bothered. We appreciated being able to get a decent cup of coffee of the strength and flavour we desired. Enjoy your holiday - it's a fantastic resort !

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bringing Own Nespresso Pods to Intercontinental Thalasso

Does anyone else wish Nespresso pods were available in stores like all the others (which IMO don't make nearly as good coffee)? I'd at least like the option rather than always having to purchase online.

I like the Ristretto better than the Arpeggio and also enjoy the Roma and Capriccio (all brewed as coffees rather than espresso). Vivalto and Fortissio Lungo satisfy my daily desire and I keep some decaf and a milder variety (forget which at the moment) on hand for guests.