We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Diving

I went on a cruise a few years ago thru the area. Have always wanted to go to Bora Bora to overwater bungalow. But will be taking my 2 adult sons that are avid divers. Sounds like not much great diving there, can you advise?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
98 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving

Not great diving there. :-)

If you are going anywhere else in Tahiti, skip the diving in BB. If however you are only going to BB, then it is better diving than not diving at all. If you can get TopDive to take them to really the best two dive sits on the island Haapiti and Muri Muri then it is totally worth it but they don't often go there because of the advanced nature of these dives and the mostly inexperienced divers on the island.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving

Is Diving better in Tahiti? I'm heading there next july.. just wondering if i should do in Bora or Tahiti. Any recommendations?

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Tuamotu Archipelago
Level Contributor
491 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving

We had a great time diving in bora, a ton of beautiful coral, several black tips, manta, fish everywhere, eel, just full of life and the lagoon water was stunning.

Yes, the atolls are better, but we loved the dives there also.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving

JSKabroad: what makes Haapiti and Muri Muri advanced nature dives?

both my partner and I have done our advanced open water tickets, but we are still novice divers (I have about 25 dives [should be at 30 - 40 by the time I go], and my patner 15 [she should have 20-25 before we go])

I am heading to tahiti (3 nights) moorea (5 nights) and bora bora (5 nights)

how many dives would you recommend us doing at each island?

how well do the dive masters speak english?

I am thinking about doing my nitrox course while over there, but I am worried about the language barrier.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving

Go for the open water dives out past the reefs inside the reef is slightly murky 50 to 75 feet visibility open water well over 150 feet . We did tabletop in bora bora and open water in moorea open water is far better.

6. Re: Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 07, 2013