We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pounds or Euros

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pounds or Euros

Are we ok to take British Pounds to change in FP or should we take Euros?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pounds or Euros

Ia Orana. The CFP Franc / XPF is tied to the Euro

no fluctuation of rates whatever happens on the financial world. You would be safer with the Euro.

meherio

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pounds or Euros

From the UK I would simply use my credit card (Halifax or Sainsbury's- without a foreign transaction fee) to draw out money whilst there. I would not change my pounds to Euros first as you get a very bad exchange rate and very often pay a transaction fee in the UK. We've been to Tahiti 3 times and never had any problems using credit cards instead.

London
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pounds or Euros

Drawing money can be challenging as ATM's are not readily available. I took GBP and exchanged at a rate of 96 to £1 in Bora Bora. This was definitely a much higher rate than the Euro.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pounds or Euros

We drew all the money out that we needed with our Halifax Clarity Card (no fee anywhere in the world and a great exchange rate). If you do your research it's not that difficult to find ATMs. It's by far the best exchange rate.

5. Re: Pounds or Euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 14, 2013