We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Flight...

Seattle
7 posts
Save Topic
The Flight...

We are traveling on Air Tahiti... How's the flight? Is it over water the entire time from LA to Tahiti?

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Flight...

Hi,

The flight is not too bad, Yes it is all overwater, lasts about 8.5 hrs to Tahiti and only about 7.15 on the way back.. On Air Tahiti Nui, you had an individual movie screen which plays about 8 movies at once so you can keep occupied on the entire flight.

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Los angeles
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Flight...

The flight is pleasant, good wine and champagne in Economy, Airport upg available from Economy to business for USD700, if space available. I surprised my GF , it was superb flew Air Tahiti nui to Paris Too. Eonderful as well

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Flight...

Frenchie: How much do you have to pAy an economy class TICKET to be able to upgrade in busines from LAX to Paris for only $700 as being a Frenchy myself

Thank you?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Flight...

Frenchy: How much do you have to pay an economy class TICKET to be able to upgrade in busines from LAX to Paris for only $700 as being a Frenchy myself

Thank you?

Los angeles
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Flight...

I am sorry if i made it unclear.

LAX/PPT USD700

LAX/CDG USD1000

no minimum to pay on the ticket even reward ticket can upgrade at those price

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Flight...

Hi,

We paid $500.00 a ticket to upgrade to business from Tahiti - LAX.. It was well worth it...

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Flight...

Oops It was $600.00 to upgrade not $500.00

San Francisco, CA
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Flight...

Kat, the flight is actually pretty nice considering how long it is. Air Tahiti does a wonderful job making sure the passengers are well hydrated (with free alcohol -- try the local beer, Hinano, for the first time) and their bellies full. Fortunately the airplane food is not that bad. Make sure you bring along some form of entertainment, though, because the in-flight movies are hard to catch (it's not on a set schedule so you end up catching the middle). The inflight trivia is pretty fun, though, cause you can play against the other people on the flight.

Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Burbank, California
Level Contributor
177 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Flight...

The flight was pretty good. We had business class on the way there and first on the way back. The food is really good.