We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion regarding Adaptors

New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Confusion regarding Adaptors

Sorry to post this when I have seen topics, but I think I'm still confused.

After going to a couple of stores, the voltage guides indicate "tahiti" has both 110v and 220v.

Most of the stores had no advice to give me regarding what I should bring. I'm not very concerned but I'm sure I'd like to bring our digital camera and recharge it.

I'm staying at the Sheraton Moorea and the Bora Bora Lagoon Resort.

Any advise as to what adapters and/or prongs I have to bring.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
63 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusion regarding Adaptors

We stayed at the Sheraton Moorea and a hotel on Bora Bora. Both hotels had at least 1 plug that was US style - we used it to charge an ipod, psp and electric razor. You could also bring an adapter that looks like the European plug (2 round nubs) and use that in their outlets. Most electronics tend to work on either though check your manual to be sure. We did not bring any converters with us.

Moorea
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusion regarding Adaptors

Hi Lawman,

220 is the typical voltage here. However many hotels will have a 110 outlet for the razor. Electronics such as conputers, cameras, iPods etc can typically go both ways so you just need an adapter which uses two round prongs (same as in France). Not all hotels have converters at the front desk.

Boynton Beach...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusion regarding Adaptors

My hotel at Pearl had the adaptor, make sure you ask immediatey because sometimes the hotels run out (not enough). If you bring your own it is 110. Most important thing I needed it for was video camera! I was also sure to charge it up before staying on a private motu that had no electricity. I did not need to worry about a cell phone (phones in room and I only made a few short calls anyway), or any other high maintenance item. I tried to pack as light as possible and that is the best way to go!