We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

Alberta
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Topic
Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

The movie will be out on the 9th of October. It looks like a funny movie and of course its filmed in Bora Bora etc. It will be great to watch the movie then go for a vacation there. Looking forward to both!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

At what hotel was the movie filmed, does anyone know?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

Never mind; I just saw this from Poehere in another post:

St. Regis Resort Bora Bora

Ah-hah! I thought it looked familiar!

-Jen

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
107 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

I just saw it with my husband to relieve our honeymoon! It was def shot at the st. regis. But of course some things were changed, the over water bungalows were the same, and it was cool to see the ones with a pool as ours, though fabulous, didn't have a pool. But the restaurants scenes were not in the hotel, and there were disco scenes that seemed more like vegas or cancun than anything on bora bora. The movie was set in a fictional island of 'eden'. Also, they had lots of sharks in the water which was certainly not my experience. The shots of the mountain and the amazing blue water will be great to see on film for anyone who has been there.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

My husband and I also went to see Couples Retreat to sort of relive our vacation there this past July (we stayed at the Intercontinental Thalasso). Other than a few gratuitous water shots, it seemed as if that movie could have been filmed anywhere.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
488 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

My hubby and I also saw the movie over the past weekend. Bora Bora was gonna be our honeymoon destination, but at the very end we decided to go to Thailand instead. Thailand had been a dream destination for me for years, and I have no regrets of making such decision because the Andaman sea and Phi Phi Islands are just amazing! But while watching 'Couples Retreat'.. hubby and I looked at each other and said: We're going to Bora Bora!!! :) haha... We're now planning for summer 2011 since we have two other 'major' trips already planned for 2009 and 2010. I definitely wanna stay on a ‘motu’ with nothing but perfect view of the mountain.

…We will dream of Bora Bora till then.. :)

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

Saw the movie and loved the scenery.

Can hardly wait to see it 'for real;

7. Re: Couples Retreat the movie with Vince Vaughn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 11, 2010