We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Arizona
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Folks,

I have used TA for a long time now and would like to get opinion from experts here...

We are planing for FP in Sep/Oct time-frame and would like to do the following...

3 Days Bora Bora (Preferably Maitai Polynesia OWB)

4 Days Moorea Pearl (garden)

The question is when would be a good time to book? Is it 3 months before the departure date?

Currently, ATN has a deal, but they dont have a combo of BB and Moorea. Any opinions?

Pl throw some light. I am okay to book now but not sure if its too early (deal ends May 11). Could the experts here rate this deal, is this like the best deal of the year?

Also, I have read a number of posts that it would be nicer to have OWB in bora bora than Moorea, due to budget constraints, Maitai Polynesia seems to be apt one for us. Should we rather go with a OWB in Moorea Pearl and Garden type in Bora BOra?

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Ia orana

Book ATN Now and take advantage of the deal. it wasalready a great surprise to see such prices including August.

For the land you can book separately or buy a "land only package" with the interisland air ransfers.

You have made a good choice for the money. Keep in mind that you are going to acquire a fairly expensive airpass to include Bora Bora. I would suggest to acquire a lesser expensive airpass and consider Huahine with the Te Tiare with a pay 2 stay 3.

The deep overwater Bungalow at the Te tiare are huge for some similar money than what you will pay at Le Maitai Bora Bora( same for the Pearl Moorea).

The pay 2 stay 3 deal is valid for a purchase by May 11 too....

Hope this helps

meherio

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

The Hilton Moorea has some pretty good deals right now, not as cheap as the Pearl but then it's apples and oranges. The Hilton is far superior. When it comes to the beach and snorkeling the Pearl really lacks but the Hilton really delivers, the only exception to this is if you are in a deluxe overwater at the Pearl and then the snorkeling is pretty good.

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Some hotels/resorts on BB offer these days pay 3 nights stay 5...! Try "shop" around on the net there are some really good deals out there!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Ia orana

For the Pearl/ Hilton suggestion the relativity of the value comes not only for the price but also for the proximity of the village, shops and restaurants. you can walk from the Pearl to all of these. The Hilton only has the Aito restaurant at walking distance mainly.

For poehere suggestion the Bora Bora lagoon resort indeed offers pay 3 stay 5, this offer has been available for quite a while and the short term availability is very limited for some categories like the OWB and end of pontoon.

The key word here is flexibility for the dates and expectations.

Bon voyage

meherio

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

When you rent a car for the the entire stay your not limited, that is what I've done. Food for thought, no retrictions on eating places, shopping or sightseeing .....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Ia orana

the long rentals offer on average a much better value for your money and as indicated indeed the freedom to go wherever and whenever you want to.

meherio

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

BB, Interconti Le Moana offers also pay 3 stay 5. BB being all about the lagoon I could opt for a OWB in BB, but really do shop around on the net many deals to get!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Hi justtravel -

Definitely book the ATN special today! There has been no indication that this special will be extended and if it is it will probably have additional restrictions, i.e. length of stay. It's a great offer!

I would recommend booking the Garden View Room at the Moorea Pearl either with the free breakfast/dinner promotion or the Stay 4/Pay 3 promotion with free breakfast daily. On Bora Bora, the Le Maitai has a free breakfast/dinner daily promotion for stays in an OWB.

The OWBs at the Moorea Pearl are nicer (interiors), however, unless you upgrade to a Premium OWB, you will most likely have views of the hotel's beaches. In comparison, the OWBs at the Le Maitai, in my opinion, have better views.

Keep in mind that a good travel agent will book your trip and continue to advise you of any special offers which can be applied to your travel itinerary. So, don't be afraid to book in advance.

Hope this helps - TahitiTravelPlanners

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

If you stay at the Hilton I totally agree that you should have a car for your full stay. We got one for only 2 days, based on past posts.....probably my only regret for an otherwise amazing vacation.

Arizona
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Opinion need, itinenary/booking..

Folks,

Thanks for the all the pointers.. We did not book with the 50% ATN deal due to schedule issues.. I guess will be paying the extra 2k and book next month :(

Renting a car in Tahiti and ferring it to Moorea seems to be a good idea.. Tiki, could you share the Ferry transportation charges for the car?