We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

London
1 post
Save Topic
IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

Going to Bora Bora in a few weeks time. Originally had a booking at Le meridien, but after reading reviews about renovations etc have decided to change hotels.

Down to 2: IC Moana and IC Thalasso. Any thoughts?

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

Good idea.

IC thalasso is a resort built in modern contemporary style with a polynesian touch and a sort of formal air to it, set on a motu like LM (same one actually)

You'll have to take a boat shuttle to LeMoana if you want to visit the main island.

LeMoana is a Polynesian style hotel (little outdated imho) on the main island more laid back like LM.

LeMoana is in the Matira beach area with a small supermarket and different restaurants within walking distance.

I would go for the Thalasso because it's service, decoration (done in great taste) and the villa's really give you your money's worth.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

Hi there,

The post above gives great info. I will add that the Thalasso is a five star property and the Le Moana is a four star property. The Thalasso has a stunning view of Bora Bora-Mt Otemanu from the motu location and the overwater bungalows are incredibly large and have every creature comfort. The decor of this property is modern and contemporary. The Le Moana is all about the beach and you can walk to a few local eateries and a market. Personally I like the bungalows here. They have a nice tahitian feel but are smaller than the bungalows at Thalasso. Both are sister properties so one can take the boat shuttle between the two and use each facility (ie: pool, sign for drinks, meals etc). The Thalasso is a big step up.

sunny regards,

shully

NJ / NY
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

We stayed at the Le Moana 2 years ago and we liked it a lot. We went to the Thalasso for dinner one night (you must go to Le Reef, regardless of which hotel you choose) and although it was nice, we felt it was too modern. We went there to experience the tropics, not a hotel that we could find here in the US.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

WLRLONDON,

I was faced with the same thing. I originally made my reservations for Le Meridien but the resort could not guarantee that the construction would be completed by the time I arrive (in 4 weeks) so I changed my reservations and am now staying at IC Thalasso. I hear the food is amazing and I like the fact that it's 5 stars.

Have a great trip!

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

Thalasso is a huge step up from Moana. The rooms there, when combined with the view, are very, very impressive. IMO, a definite 5-star property.

6. Re: IC Moana vs IC Thalasso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 21, 2009