We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Insurance

Mobile, AL
8 posts
Trip Insurance

Do you guys use trip insurance when going to Bora Bora? If so, can you reccommend who you use?

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Trip Insurance

Insurance is a wonderful thing.

I would suggest you try www.insuremytrip.com or Travel Guard. If you are booking via a wholesaler or travel agent see if they have no fault insurance too (cancel for Any reason). Otherwise the usual insurance like Travel Guard will be cancel for medical reasons or death in the family. Be sure to go over your policy carefully. :)

sunny regards,

shully

Near Future
Level Contributor
496 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Trip Insurance

Another very good insurance company is csatravelprotection.com . I've used them for years and have even had to make a claim and they reimbursed my expenses without any hassel. You can utilize their website to see exactly what the insurance will cost for your particular needs. You don't have to be an agent to purchase their protection. I like their health care benefits which is extremely important. People don't realize that if you have an emergency and have to be life-flighted off an island it could cost you $50,000 out of pocket because a lot of U.S. health coverage doesn't include out of country expenses like helicopter transport.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Trip Insurance

I would never go without it. Access America also has a cancel for any reason policy.

www.accessamerica.com

Regards

BO

Mobile, AL
8 posts
4. Re: Trip Insurance

Thanks for all of the quick responses. Does anyone have any experience with American Express Deluxe? For $400 it appears to have a good balance of all coverages, is there something I am missing/should be looking out for?

5. Re: Trip Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 21, 2009