We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Bora Bora

VANCOUVER, BC
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in Bora Bora

We are looking to plan our Honeymoon in Bora Bora at the Pearl Resort, towards the end of February of 2010.

We are wondering what the weather will be like, or what to expect. We really hope to have mostly sunny weather, and would like to hear from anybody who has been there around that time of year. Greatly appreciated!!!!

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
286 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Bora Bora

I have checked and the weather in Feb 2010 will be perfect for the whole month.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Bora Bora

I do love Bob's answer....Honestly, there is no way to know what the weather will be when you are there.

Feb. is during the warmer/more humid/wetter summer months. That doesn't mean it will rain the entire time you are there, but it is possible. It can be perfectly beautiful and sunny, or if a major system happens to come through it can rain straight for 3-7 days. There's no way to know what the weather will be.

I have been to French Polynesia 4 times in February. Spent a total of about 35 days...out of those days, I've only had one day that was a complete wash out from pre-dawn to night. 2 days where it rained for about 1/2 of the day. A couple days that were mostly cloudy. And...many many days of nothing but sunshine, and many many days of bright sunshine mixed with a quick passing shower scattered throughout the day(this is the norm).

Make your plans and just go for it. Like anywhere in the world, if a storm system just happened to get there the same time as you, there's not a dang thing you can do about it, so don't worry about it. You're still in paradise with your honey...enjoy it!

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Bora Bora

It can rain or can be sunny...

your best forecasting method: watch the land crabs, the Tupa's who live in their holes on the motu's and the main island.... when they cover up the hole with a leave it will rain

when they build a sand wall around the edges of the hole it will be very windy

4. Re: Weather in Bora Bora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 22, 2009