We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Age

New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Drinking Age

Hi, I'm 20 years old and I'm going with friends to Bora Bora who are 21 and older. I've been trying to research the drinking age in Bora Bora and can't find any results. I mean could I get into a night club or get drinks at a bar with my friends or do I have to hide away in the hotel room and drink in seclusion? I'm in the air force and I think it's ridiculous I can't drink underage when I've been raised responsibly and allowed to drinking since I was 13. Wine for dinner? I've found out that most countries don't have a strick drinking age, all except America, but sometimes they are wierd about night clubs. Please comment ASAP.

THANX!

New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Age

Please someone must know!

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Age

According to the following post By:

Tahiti_guy

Papeete - Tahiti

Posted on: 10:35 pm, Apr 25, 2005

Ia orana !

18 years is the legal age to drink (order or buy) alcoholic beverages in all French Polynesia (French regulation).

T.G

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking Age

There are very few nightclubs in French Polynesia, so most of the drinking goes on in hotel bars and restaurants, and you will not have any trouble with being carded.

Do your body a big favor and drink plenty of water along with the alcoholic drinks, as alcohol will dehydrate you. The heat of the tropics also contributes to this effect, so drink at least a couple of liters of water per day.