We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inter-island flights

MI
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
inter-island flights

Hi,

I'm going to Tahiti in a few weeks for my honeymoon and wanted to find out how much luggage is each person allowed to take on the inter-island flights, and also what is the weight restriction on the bags for these flights?

Thanks in advance! Also, if you have any must-bring suggestions, please let me know. I'm starting to pack now and don't want to forget anythng important!

Thanks!!

1. Re: inter-island flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:14 pm, September 06, 2005
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inter-island flights

On the inter-island flights (Air Tahiti) the weight limit is 20 Kg (42Lbs) per person, not including hand luggage. They will charge you extra for overweight luggage.

Use my simple packing method for visiting French Polynesia: pack your clothes, then take half of them out because you won't need them. Stick with lightweight cotton clothes and things that will dry quickly.

Concentrate on necessities: sunscreen, bug spray, after-sun aloe or sunburn soother, at least one hat per person, snorkel gear and bathing suits, appropriate footwear like flat sandals and water shoes, some basic first-aid items like bandaids, aspirin and neosporin, film and/or whatever camera gear you need, travel documents, a small flashlight, and reading materials.

You will be surprised at how few clothes you will need. Most women run around in bathing suits and a pareo during the day, and a light sundress at night. Men wear bathing suits or shorts with a t-shirt during the day, and shorts and a hawaiian type shirt in the evenings. It's very casual so do yourself a huge favor and don't overpack. Have a great trip.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inter-island flights

The only thing I would add on the wight limits is that if you are a scuba diver they will give you an extra 10Kgs. They will check that you have a valid divers card, PADI or equivalent is fine. Our essentials list included everything tikigal mentioned+

- Small bottle of Woolite

- Ziplok bags

- Small backpack

- Crystal lite individual sachets to add to bottled water

- French Phrase book.

Have a great time

MI
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: inter-island flights

Thank you all so much for the advice. I tend to always pack more than i need, so i'm going to take your advice and cut down this time!

I can't wait - I've been looking forward to this trip for quite a while and now its finally almost here!! 8-)

Thanks again!!