We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

nyc
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

Hi all,

Wondering if you can suggest the best place to stay in Bora Bora and Moorea for our honeymoon. We'll be there in October coming from NYC. Looking for the most luxurious resorts. Nicest OWB in Bora Bora and then either an OWB in Moorea or a Beach Bugalow? Most important to us are the best rooms, beach, pool and restaurant.

Between The Four Seasons, St Regis and Intercontinental Thalassa in Bora Bora what would you suggest?

Between The Sofitel, Pearl, Intercontinental and Hilton what would you suggest?

Thank you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

Ia orana

Congratulations for your upcoming trip

For moorea I would suggest LEGENDS, The Houses are superb

the view is breath taking with the hillside location offering all the hues of the colors of the Lagoon.

For Bora Bora tough one

both the Four Seasosn and the Ste Regis would offer the ultimate Overwater bungalows. The OWB with a private pool would offer you the most comfort and intimacy.

Of coursew for the ultimate stay, the royal Villa at the St regis for 15K per night would take the cake.

I would also throw in for Bora Bora to consider Bora Bora cruise and yacht from Bora to Taha'a , Raiatea and Huahine in Style, comfort and pure pampering.

Hope this helps

Meherio

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
299 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

Meherio, are those the houses on the mountain above the Intercontinental? I wholeheartedly agree with you if thats what you are talking about! I was trying to imagine what the views would be like if staying up there...

(-:

Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

Hi,

I'm also researching for our honeymoon in Bora Bora and Moorea for this October. So far we're leaning towards a OWB in Bora Bora at Pearl Beach Resort.

As for, Moorea...I'm debating between Pearl Beach or Sofitel. But Probably leaning more towards Sofitel in also a OWB. Any opinions between these two in Moorea?

Also, is it a good idea to stay in a OWB both times in Bora Bora and Moorea? Or should we look into changing it up for one of the islands?

I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!!

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

If you can afford to do over waters on both islands, do it. If not, then do the over water on Bora Bora.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

Hi Erin -- we just got back from our honeymoon at the Four Seasons on Bora Bora. It was absolute perfection! The entire resort is so well designed and the bungalows were perfect and private. I can't recommend the Four Seasons enough -- the service was top notch and there isn't one thing I would change about the entire experience. Congrats on your marriage -- you will have a wonderful honeymoon in Bora Bora!

NYC
Level Contributor
130 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

Hi Erin, we are from NYC too and honeymooned in Bora Bora at the IC Thalasso. It was fabulous. The bungalows were luxurious, modern and chic. The service there was also top-notch and the food was good. There were other honeymooners there and we met quite a few new yorkers on our trip as well. I did not see the St. Regis or the Four Seasons but they look exceptional too. I am sure you will be happy at any of those three. We got a great deal at the IC Thalasso so that's why we went with them. I have a trip report located here:

http://sulynnteo.googlepages.com/

Enjoy! you will have a great time no matter where you stay!

7. Re: Honeymoon Where to Stay Most Luxurious Bora Bora and Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:46 am, December 01, 2009