We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best airline mileage program?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
543 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best airline mileage program?

I noticed that alot of people are using miles for thier flights. What is the best credit card/airline mileage program for flying to the FP?

Or, who has the easiest exchange and/or availability?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

Ia orana

Delta Skymiles for Air France and American Airlines for ATN ( with a caveat that Northwest perkmiles can go towards ATN )

Also check with the major credit cards like American Express who offer a mileage program too.

The secret is with miles at hand to prepare your trip over 330 days in advance and to call the airline 330 days before the departure ( time where the seat availability are entered in the systems) Ditto for the return et voila !

For changing, the trick will be the availability of the new dates you would fall then at the mercy of the airline.

Ps for some carriers, it takes 75 k miles for coach and 120 000 for Business class. the ratio of price/ miles is more favourable for a business class ticket.

( sold over $5k compared with your regulag 1,2 K ticket)

For the most flights ( read better chance to get the dates you are looking for )

I would sign up with AA Advantage miles ( partner of ATN ) and concentrate your travel on their lines to build up your mileage.Hope this helps

Meherio

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

American Airlines appears to have the best deal and every once in while runs a special using less miles to FP.

Regards BO

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

Does anyone know if the 75000 American Mileage award to the FP will get me ALL the way to Bora Bora, or just to Papeete?

If the award stops at Papeete, then I guess I would have to buy more flights to get me to the FP.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

It will only get you to Papeete.

Regards BO

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

I don't think there is any mileage/frequent flier/rewards program that will get you a ticket on Air Tahiti from Papeete to Bora Bora.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

Hi again, Wally,

Check out www.flyertalk.com for some really detailed information on ALL the frequent flier programs and ideas how to accumulate miles. (Those posters are SERIOUS about their free flights!)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

But I heard that the inter island flights can be pricey. What should I expect to pay to get from Pap to BB?

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

400-500 round trip Papeete to Bora Bora. If you are going to several Island you can buy a pass and possibly get a break in price.

Regards

BO

San Diego...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

We're using AA miles to fly round-trip from LAX to Papeete on ATN. Going coach for 75,000 miles each. We just purchased them Nov. 26th and our flight is leaving late Feb. and returning mid March.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best airline mileage program?

Wally,

You can use this link to price interisland airfares on Air Tahiti from PPT to Bora, and multi-island AirPasses as well:

http://www.airtahiti.com/tarifs.php?kindOf=