We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Pearl Condos

Seattle
Level Contributor
392 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Black Pearl Condos

I saw this thead from 2006 that talks about the Black Pearl Condos and wondering if anyone else has any info on this condo?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g311415-i869-k1895…

Found pics on the a1vacations website for the inside of the condo, does anyone have pics of the condo complex? Is the entire over water building they show in the picture on the website the one condo? It looks pretty big for a one bedroom condo, but I guess 1400sf is pretty big.

How is snorkeling on this side of Bora Bora? We're not really big resort people, so looking for a quiet place with great snorkeling.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Pearl Condos

Hello!

We rented this condo for 10 days over Christmas/New Year's last year and had a great time. We also aren't big resort fans and this was the perfect place. The snorkeling is pretty good around the condo since there is some coral right below the deck of the bungalow.

I've got lots of photos of the fish and around the bungalow if you'd like to see some of them. Let me know your email and I'll send them to you. I tried to post them on TripAdvisor on my profile but they wouldn't allow them since it was a private residence and not a hotel.

Edgar

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Pearl Condos

Hello again,

Don't let the term condos make you think of an apartment complex like it is in the USA. There are only five overwater houses as part of the "complex" and a couple of house on the hillside. There's no sign like you would expect to find in a condo complex and it's just like a regular section of the island. The other four bungalows are private residences.

Edgar

Seattle
Level Contributor
392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Pearl Condos

Thanks Edgar. I just PM'd you my email address.

Seattle
Level Contributor
392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Pearl Condos

Just wanted to follow up on this...we did stay at the Black Pearl condo for two weeks (Dec 2008-Jan 2009) and this place is FANTASTIC. The condo changed hands between the time I booked and our stay. The "new" owner, Richard, added 2 single kayaks, two bikes, and a safe. I put new in quotes because he has previously owned the condo. He also has a car available for rent, which we didn't use because I had already made other arrangements before Richard made this addition. But the rate he offers is better than any rental company on the island.

If you're not a resort type of person and like being independent, this place is great. The full kitchen and gas bbq on the deck made cooking easy. We only ate out a couple of times.

The a/c was really nice since we were there during the hottest/rainy time of year. There was always a nice breeze outside, but it was nice to run the a/c at night to make sleeping easy.

The deck over the water is awesome. We spent most of our time there and saw Rays, Octopus, Eel and more fish than we could count. The snorkeling off the dock is fantastic.

5. Re: Black Pearl Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 19, 2009