We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outside food staying at the four seasons

Austin, Texas...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
outside food staying at the four seasons

I'm leaning towards staying at the four seasons but im not too into the food at the resort. Are we able to eat at other resorts or outside the resort? How is the transportation to get around for example going from the four seasons to restaurants like the La Matira Beach Restaurant

that is on the other island. How can we get from the resort to the other island . Sorry just in the beginning stages and thats whats keeping us from booking the four seasons. TIA

Mentioned in this post
Matira Beach Restaurant
Matira Beach Restaurant
493 Reviews
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
2 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: outside food staying at the four seasons

You have to take a boat ride to the main island...I believe there’s one that leaves the resort at 1:15pm and another around 6pm. There is a round trip fee per adult.

Jonen,Switzerland
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outside food staying at the four seasons

Often the Motu resort charge for boat trips when going out in the eve for the dinner. But I feel often tired to stay at one place and I love to get the island fibre. Therefore we stay most times in the Sofitel Private Island who offers free spboat stuttle,also during the night. But of course it’s not the class of FS, but for us the location to the coral reef, where we swimm up every day, the free boats ride and the fact it’s adults only. The view to the lagoon and mountain is just amazing. Our favourite restaurants for sure is Villa Mahana the highlight of our trips. We liked Matria Beach Restaurant and as well the Yacht Club. Not good experience in the past at Mai Kai ( was vg in the past) and St. James (even the location was great). All this offers free or almost free taxi service.

Have a good time at FP.

Mentioned in this post
Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island
Sofitel Bora Bora...
930 Reviews
MaiKai Marina
MaiKai Marina
794 Reviews
St James Bora Bora
St James Bora Bora