We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cabins in the area!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for cabins in the area!

Hello,

I'm trying to find two cabins or lodge rooms in the Talkeetna area for the beginning of May 2007. I already tried Susitna River which was completely booked. Can anyone advise me on other cabins in the area. Thanks for the help :) Also, Talkeetna Lodge is not opened until May 15th I need rooms for the 5th of May.

Dallas
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

Hi- Try The Denali Overlook Inn in Talkeetna-I wrote a review about it in this tripadvisor, and it also has a cabin that is separate from the main inn that is gorgeous! I'm not sure when they are closed, but I think it is only around the holidays. You will NOT be at all disappointed with this place-it's got unbelievable views of the Alaskan Range, and a great host and hostess of a drop-dead beautiful Inn.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

Hello,

I did look at the website but can't find anything about a cabin and we would need 2 so I don't think that will work. Have you head anything about the Chinook Wind Cabins in Talkeetna?

Dallas
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

Hey- I saw those cabins when we were in town(Talkeetna). They are supposed to be clean and nice, and are definitely within walking distance of town, but you will not have a great view, plus they are close together. Talkeetna is a neat little town with some cool restaurants, so perhaps that would be a good fit for you. I still do recommend the Denali OVerlook Inn far above anything else you could find, especially if you all want a great view, and it isn't far from town at all. They have eight rooms, plus that seperate cabin, which you might want to call about. Also, go to Google and look up Talkeetna cabins-you should be able to get some hits off of that. Good luck!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

The Denali Overlook does have at least one cabin......It is their Northern Exposure cabin......looks quite nice.....maybe it is large enough for two couples......

5. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, August 10, 2006
Talkeetna,Alaska
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

There are several different cabins.Birchwood Cabins(out a little from town),Chinook Winds Cabins(downtown), Talkeetna Cabins(downtown behind Pizza Place/very nice), Alpaca Cabins.All of these, you should be able to find on a search engine, or have a look at the chamber's website.

7. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, May 17, 2007
Dallas
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

Does anyone know the scoop on Denali OVerlook Inn-has it been sold, or closed? It was the most wonderful place to stay!

Minneapolis
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

My husband and I loved it too, but just found out from the Talkeetna Chamber of Commerce that it is now a private residence.

wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for cabins in the area!

You should of stayed at Talkeetna Cabins, they are open year round and located right in downtown...