We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay, things to do,on a budget

MINNESOTA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Places to stay, things to do,on a budget

Message to coalminer, seems like a you know where to go, could you give me advice on staying near Denali park, or Healy area for a day or two in july and also again in Aug. thank you kindly. arndog

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay, things to do,on a budget

Hello there arndog! I saw your post a few days ago, but it's been a busy week and I haven't had much time for TripAdvisor. What kind of places are you looking for? Healy has lots of great options for lodging. Here is our local website: www.denalichamber.com

This shows most of our B&B's, cabins, etc., that are available. If you want a hotel, I would highly recommend the Hotel Nordhaven, and there are several very nice and affordable B&B's. B&B's are great, as they provide breakfast, and often have kitchens or some cooking options, which can really help keep your expenses down. My favorites: Valley Vista, Dome Home, Aspen Haus, just to name a few.

As far as seeing the Park goes, I would recommend taking a shuttle bus as far into the Park as you can - Wonder Lake preferred. There is also many NPS activities that you can do: doggie demo, ranger led discovery hikes, as well as raft trips etc. Lots to do in this area.

Well, I hope this helps get you started - write back if you need any other help. Happy Planning! :)