We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. McKinley Lodge to Whittier

Which Talkeetna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mt. McKinley Lodge to Whittier

Help!

Only wanted to spend one night at the Princess Mt.Mckinley lodge but there is only one train that gets into Whittier at 8 pm, will not work for us, is there any other options??

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,221 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mt. McKinley Lodge to Whittier

We really need more info from you. Where will you be before Talkeetna? Do you really mean from Talkeetna to Whittier or from the McKinley Princess to Whittier? Big difference. How are you getting to Talkeetna?

Most likely you just buy a bottle of wine when you are in Talkeetna during your stay at the McKinley Princess. If not that, then buy it when you pass through Anchorage or Fairbanks, which all cruisetours do at some point (though I would not count on Talkeetna to Whittier stopping in Anchorage or anywhere for that matter for shopping).

k2iks, I think the principle is "Since we are allowed to bring wine on board, let's do it no matter what it ends up costing us!" :-)

Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mt. McKinley Lodge to Whittier

Good point; just found out there's a liqour store directly across street from Denali Princess Lodge. I don't even drink but bringing a large group with me and they all want to have their one bottle allowed to bring on cruise with them so I'm trying to keep them happy. HA!.

13. Re: Mt. McKinley Lodge to Whittier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 16, 2013