We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

Which Talkeetna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

I'm looking into booking a Talkeetna-based flightseeing tour in mid-May. But each company has so many different tours at so many different prices. Even the least expensive packing is still on the pricey side (this is adding up to be a very expensive trip!), but I'm not sure if the longer flights would be worth the extra money. Which trip do you recommend? Any specific tour company?

I'm making this a day trip from Anchorage, which looks very doable to me (please correct me if I'm wrong!). Where should I stop on the way up or back?

Thanks!

Sarah

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,375 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

>>2.) If we did this (which may be the only way I could justify the splurge), what would be the time to drive to Anchorage or Healy? The answer here will help to determine which end of our trip to Denali we would schedule this.

I would try to schedule it for your way from Anchorage to Denali - so that if weather canceled it, you could reschedule it for your return trip.

John

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

hello kenish,

To be honest, I was also thinking of calling the flightseeing co. with the coupon in the TourSaver book (I haven't ordered the book yet) and asking them if they could offer some other discount. I'm sure that in the early season they would rather do a trip at a reduced rate than no trip at all.

How long did it take for your book to arrive? Did I mis-read the ordering instructions or do they only take paypal? I will need to find a friend or someone who could order for me as I can't have the book coming to the house.

Alaska
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

Spend the extra bucks for a Glacier Landing, it will probably be the highlight of your Alaska trip. Talkeetna is an easy 2 hour drive from Anchorage. Come up and have lunch...The West Rib Pub and Grill is a fun spot....

Remember its daylight until late at 'night'...so they aren't restricted too much by lack of sunlight. Ask for the Cessena 185...smaller airplane but a true 'bush plane'..you will be thrilled !!

Happy Travels

Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

are there flightseeing tours that leave from farther north at Danali? We are taking the train there from Fairbanks, so can't drive to Takeenta. Also, how far in advance do you have to book?

Austria
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

I keep reading about these tour saver books or other coupons that will get you a discount on various activities. Where do you get them from?

Thanks for your info.

I'm leaving for Alaska in 16 days! How exciting!

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

novickd... there are flight companies at Denali's entrance:

http://www.flydenali.com/denali.htm

Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

thanks so much, perfect!

18. Re: Which Talkeetna Flightseeing Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 24, 2009