We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talkeetna Travels in July 2008

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Talkeetna Travels in July 2008

Hello, My husband & I will be traveling around Talkeetna for 10 days this coming July. We are looking for fun activites in & around Talkeetna. We already have all of the hotels/cabins booked for our stay. Does anyone know if the Moose Dropping Festival is still going on this July? Has anyone stayed @ the Alaska B&B on C? We are staying our last night there. We want to see the parade (if there is one can we see it from here?) & join in the local festivities. We are also interested in the fishing/hiking & good food in & around Talkeetna.

If anyone out there has any suggestions for us please let us know so we can plan accordingly.

Also can anyone tell me if you can just go & fish the lakes & rivers in this area or do you have to have a guide for all? Any special gear we should bring due to the climate/weather? We thank anyone for there suggestions/recomendations :-)

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Talkeetna Travels in July 2008

KnKtravels....

http://abbonc.com/contact_us

I'm going to miss my Durango/Colorado Trail backpack this summer. Will be hiking up here in Alaska instead.

Hope you have another great trip!

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Talkeetna Travels in July 2008

Hey Denalicat,

Did you do the CT last year? You are a brave soul! I would never attempt that! But we do our fair share of hiking around here. Mostly to hot springs. K -really wants to go back to Alaska. I want to hit up the moose dropping festival. (thankx for the info I-explore:*) However K wants to go near the Keni to the Soaring Eagle Lodge. Heard any good things on this place? It seems pretty pricey to me...But its almost like an All-Inclusive--(i think). The air fair this year seems to be close to what we paid last year, its the car rental thats killing us @ this point $1,000.00 for 9 days! The SE-Lodge Builds a package w/ air & car & fishing & tours. I dont know about spending over $5,000.00 for 1-week there though. Seems a bit much. Got any insider tips on flights or car rentals??? OR should we just go with the SE-Lodge? K-is a fishing freak & he wants to bring home the Halibut....

BTW-its 9:30am & & only 48 degrees!!!

13. Re: Talkeetna Travels in July 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, November 25, 2009