We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Truk Stop Hotel and Dive

Malone
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Truk Stop Hotel and Dive

We are planning a trip to FSM. We plan to visit Truk, Palau and Yap. Of course one of the highlights of the trip will be Truk Lagoon WWII wreck diving. Has anyone either (1) stayed at the Truk Stop Hotel and/or (2) used the Truk Lagoon Dive Center dive operation? Was not impressed by the reviews I read on the Blue Lagoon Resort. Thank you.

Seattle, Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Truk Stop Hotel and Dive

In response to Plattcop question, I had stayed at the Truk Stop Hotel few times I was in Chuuk. Truk Stop Hotel is a cozy little hotel standing in the towndown just south of the harbor on the island. Price is resonable and the food is a mix of Asian and American.

I have used the Truk Lagoon Dive Center once. It's a little pricy if you have your own diving gear. Make sure you do not pay the whole diving package if you bring your own diving gear. Make sure you only charge what they provide you.

I had never used the Blue Lagoon Resort. But its got a very very nice view. Located south of the island with a beach and overlooking the other islands in the lagoon.

Plattcop, good luck on your trip and wish you have a good time.

Chicago
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Truk Stop Hotel and Dive

Odyssey live aboard would be my choice. Met the Captain, boat looks newer. STAY AWAY from the Thorfinn and its Capt Blye owner Lance.

The island is rough to say the least. The Blue Lagoon is prob the bet bet on the island despire roaches and rats.

I stayed in Yap at the Manta Ray Hotel the week prior to travelling to Chuuk and the Truk Lagoon. Night and day. People are great in Yap, and the Mantas are awesome. Don't miss diving some of the northern walls, saw so many sharks in schools I couldnt count, lost count at 29. Also try getting dropped off at the Northern inlet as the tide comes in. Our dive master brought us on the ride of our life. Traveled at abot 5 kts with through the inlet, is was like hangliding through a canyon with shark, turtle passing by!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Truk Stop Hotel and Dive

Truk Lagoon Dive Center is under new management by an Irish couple. Lots of improvements have been/are being done and the diving & accomm are cheaper then Blue Lagoon

4. Re: Truk Stop Hotel and Dive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, June 29, 2006
Z28
USA
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Truk Stop Hotel and Dive

hello

Get answers to your questions about Chuuk
Recent Conversations
More Chuuk Topics