We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi

Which Fujairah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi

I need to get from Dubai airport to le meridien al aqah beach resort, can anyone recommend a good taxi company? Will be travelling with a 4 month old baby, assume I will need to bring my car seat.

Could you also let me know what the cost might be?

Many thanks

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi

Have never done it by taxi but you are most probably looking at a 2 hour journey with a fare of between 350-400aed. All taxis at the airport are recommended but if you need a car seat the "queue organiser" will arrange one for you. It is not normal for taxis to have car seats so if you intend travelling around it may be best to bring your own.

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi

Thanks for your reply, I guess our only other option is to hire a car? Do you know how easy the drive is? Thanks

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi

That's a difficult question. I have been a driver in the UAE for the past 6 years so it's easy when you know how. I have driven to Al Aqah beach many times but not fro the direction of Dubai. If your hire car comes with GPS and you are comfortable with it then not too bad. You will be driving on the "wrong side" of the road and the drivers here do not take prisoners.. Also, I would not attempt the drive in the dark.

D K
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi

Hi,

There are some car rental companies which offer you baby seats and GPS along with your car. I believe Hertz is one of them. You can check the costs and other formalities here- https:/…dubai

5. Re: Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, September 10, 2014
6. Re: Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2015