We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Which Fujairah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Hello

We have booked a holiday in Fujairah staying at the new Rotana Beach Hotel, we are going on the 1st June for 7 nights, as it is not due to open until april we wondered if any one had seen it when on holiday? Has anybody else booked to go to this hotel? We are a bit concerned as it is a brand new hotel and there is no reviews on TA yet. As anyone else booked this hotel? We would welcome any comments, advise, info on diving trips that anyone would have and we will let you know how we get on.

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Hi

Have just returned from one week's holiday at the Rotana Fujairah. It is in its soft opening stage with the official opening at the beginning of April.

We had a wonderful week and were looked after really well. The hotel is next door to the Meridien and there is another hotel being built on the other side to the Meridien.

It is a very quiet resort with just the two hotels at present. If you are looking for peace and quiet then you will love it.

There is a lovely swimming pool which leads down to the beach. However there were an awful lot of jelly fish. We have stayed at the Meridien Fujairah in September and never saw any jelly fish so may be it is a seasonal thing.

There is a good bar at the hotel plus a well equipped gym together with two tennis courts and two squash courts. There is also free water sports on the beach.

We ate in the Waves restaurant and the food was superb. The chefs produced food which a top London hotel would not beat!

The hotel was very quiet during our stay so we were really spoilt. The staff were brilliant and any teething problems were soon sorted out.

We will definitely return to this hotel and have no hesitation in recommending it.

If you let me have your email address I will send you some photos.

Cambrdige, England
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

I am thinking about booking this hotel for the beginning of May. I am looking for somewhere warm and totally relaxing but not too touristy. I am going with my daughter (26) who is desperately in need of a holiday after some very demanding 'shift work!'

If you get any useful information about this hotel I would be interested if you would forward it to me. I have emailed the person who replied to your question.

If I find anything more about it, I will email you.

Chester
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Hi

Like others, I have not stayed here, but have stayed next door at the Al Aqah hotel. It was being finished off when I was there last November, and they still had some way to go! The beach is lovely, and the Hajar mountains at the back of the hotel are something else (a bit like a lunar landscape) I went on a snorkelling trip with the Al Aqah dive school, heading towards a small island near Dibba, it was great, plenty of fish and turtles. Let us all know by writing the first report, would like to read it when posted. There is NOTHING nearby, and I mean nothing, so unless you hire a car, or as we did, a car and driver for the afternoon, you will have to use all the hotel facilities. Have a good trip

Nippy

dubai
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Between the new rotana and the existing Hilton and Meridien... which one do you recomend? I am planning to go there in the following week and i do not know where to book. Thanks to everybody.

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Le Meridien and Rotana are next door to each other whereas the Hilton is actually in Fujairah.

We had a look at the Hilton Fujairah and there is no comparison. Definitely go for Le Meridien or the Rotana. They are in a lovely peaceful setting with the backdrop of the Hajar mountains. Choosing is difficult between the two but I would probably go for the best price.

Chester
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Personaly speaking, Le Meridian hotels are a lot better than Rotana.IMHO I stayed in the Le Meridian Al aqah next door, and we had a fantastic time, I find that new hotels take quite a while to get going, if there is not too much difference in price, then I would go for Le Meridian every time. Have a good trip whichever hotel you go to. The drive from Dubai airport to the hotels is AT LEAST 1.5 hours, and more like 2.0 at busy times. I have never seen so many lorries queing up to get into Dubai.

Nippy

dubai
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I would chose Le Meridien but it seems to be fully booked. Let's cross the fingers and again many thanks!

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

I have also booked a week's holiday at the Rotana from 8th May so was really pleased to hear the good report from Anon06.

I stayed at the Meridien Al Aqah a few years ago (which was wonderful) so am looking forward to comparing the two.

Donnavaughan - it might be worth checking out www.travelcollection.co.uk as they have a good deal to this hotel.

I will also post a report upon my return.

Powys
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

I am visiting this hotel at the beginning of may (hubby is working in the UAE). Will post a review for those interested after my visit.

10. Re: New Rotana Hotel Fujairah Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 29, 2009