We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Datca in August

Which Datca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Datca in August

Hello

I'm thinking about booking a holiday in Datca, Turkey in early August.

My teenage daughter will be coming for part of the holiday and I'm wondering if it will be too isolated...a) for her to get there from Dalaman and b) in regards to things to do.

I've also read that it can get quite windy there, and as we all wear contact lenses this is usually a problem for us on the beach.

Any advice greatly appreciated as have to let them know this weekend.

Thanks.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Datca in August

hi fitz 94, ive just posted above you, noticed nobody replying to you yet, maybe were to early in the season. all must be in hibernation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i expect we will get some replies sooon! best wishes.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Datca in August

Datça is a chill out place rather than a hive of wild activity.There are a few nice bars and cafes around the harbour which have music at night but that's all for nightlife.If you enjoy relaxing and watching the world go by,nice beaches,a boat trip or two and scenic walking then this is a great place to go,but not if you want happening and lively.

From Dalaman airport you would need to first take a bus into Marmaris and then pick up the local bus to Datça.AFAIK Havaş have airport service bus into Marmaris which is cheap.

The only problem is if the flight lands early hours;you may have an hour or so to wait for the first Datça bus.

The peninsula can get breezy yes,but Datça is on the eastern side which is more sheltered.Other bays further south such as Hayatbükü and Palamutbükü are also on the same side.The west side where Kormen is(where the Bodrum ferry leaves from)tends to be windier.

Frankly in August you'll be thankful for any breeze that comes along!

UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Datca in August

My sons have always enjoyed it and we have been visiting since they were tiny children and they are now in their 20's. Last year my 23 year old son took his girlfriend there and they plan to return again this year. Turks of their age are so friendly and very keen to try out their English. There are a couple of night clubs and music bars. If you don't want to use public transport, transfers in a car for up to 3 people cost around £75 each way and take just over 2 hours. I usually hire a car and drive myself and with a stop it takes me more like 3 hours.

We go for the sailing and windsurfing, so yes it is a windy place but on the beach I doubt if you would have too much trouble and as others have said in August you will be thankful for the breeze. My eldest son wears contact lenses and is happy there.

4. Re: Datca in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, March 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Datca