We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Reviews in Datca

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Reviews in Datca

I have read thousands and written many reviews over the years and this has become an intricate part of our holiday research. I have shied away from booking one hotel in Datca which may have been perfect for our needs because it had too many glowing reports. I know that seems a little strange, perhaps I am cynical, but I find it odd that so many people have left one review and have never reviewed any other hotel, pension, restaurant, bar or attraction either before or since, all have one city visited. Most were reviewed in the winter months, one UK resident's first language was obviously not English as he had a strange turn of phrase despite his English name.

The whole point of a review site is that there are good and bad reviews, everyone has a different perspective, complaints of no lift/minibar/TV in a 2* hotel make me smile but it is from these travellers that we garner our information and make our decisions.

Türkiye
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Reviews in Datca

hey no need to be skeptic:) you might be right in the way that some reviews may be biased or fake but when it comes to the date, the review need not be instant. the visitor can write it a day, a week, a month or a year later than his/her holiday. so a u.k. review in winter might refer to a good time in datça's fall. i am turkish but i try to write reviews mostly in english for i want people from all over the world to see what is going on in turkey although it aint my own language. plus i believe some people prefer to set their hometowns as cities where they currently breathe, while some write it as where they live or where they dream to live to look anonymous. i guess these remarks may make you feel a bit more comfortable selecting a hotel in datça. if i were you, i would arrive in datça and take a little walk in the center to see hotels yourself. ask the front desks to show you the rooms, if you like one. unless you do, walk around to pick another hotel. datça is a heaven on earth, like most spots in turkey. i wish you all the best in your holiday. and do not forget to bargain a little for the rate, it is typical in turkey, go ahead:)

Edited: 6:42 am, August 13, 2011
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Reviews in Datca

Hi perhane,

You have some good points there, yes, of course, I have written reviews myself some time after I have returned home. It was just this one particular establishment with such a lot of one off reviews. By no means has this put me off coming to Datca, I will definitely stay a few days, if I was not with my friend I would do as you suggest and choose somewhere to stay once we get there but my friend is a worrier and wants everything sorted!

Thank you for your good wishes, the whole holiday has been organised around our visit to Datca so I am very much looking forward to it.

3. Re: Hotel Reviews in Datca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Datca