We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children - Dalyan

C3i
Cheshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Children - Dalyan

Could anyone advise whether we will be able to find baby high chairs in Dalyan restaurants. We have a lively 18month baby, and are wondering if we should take something for her to sit in/on rather than rely on finding high chairs for her. The buggy is always an option, but she prefers to be at the table! Thanks for the info on mozzy repellant on other posts.

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children - Dalyan

You should have no problem finding a restaurant with a high chair, the Antik restaurant definatley has one as we used it many times for my neices and nephew on previous Dalyan holidays and they also have a cushioned "Turkish Corner" which we found perfect for sitting in whilst they could play safely in the back area of the restaurant. I think most of the main restaurants should have a high chair though!

If you don't have your accommodation sorted yet then I also know that Beyaz Villas has English travel cots available, as well as a high chair, baby bath etc, as well as the "kosk" (kind of a tree house with cushions, slightly raised from the ground!!) in the garden that kids seem to love relaxing/playing in!

I hope this is of some use to your, enjoy your holiday

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,169 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children - Dalyan

I´m sure that we have seen such baby chairs in some restaurants last year but if you are without children you don´t really take notice from it.

So I can´t say in wich restaurants we saw it.

But in Dalyan are many tourists with children, so probably many restaurants will offer this service.

Perhaps another member of TA can give you a precise hint.

Happy Travel

Dalyan
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Children - Dalyan

Have not found a restaurant yet that didn't have one. If you find one that doesn't they'll run to a friends restaurant that does.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children - Dalyan

Hi C3i: having traveled all over Turkey with our children and now with our little grandchildren I can tell you that a lot of restaurants have highchairs available. Also the local people will go out of their way to make you and your baby comfortable. I can tell of you of countless instances in our own travel history when this has occurred. This year in Bodrum a restaurant owner went and got his own child's highchair to accommodate our 9 month old granddaughter. This wouldn't happen in NY.

You can get familiar baby supplies in supermarkets. Milk is excellent in Turkey and our babies drank gallons (or liters) of it and were just fine. Just a few tips, it can get very hot so keep baby hydrated, hats and sunscreen should be used as well.

The Turkish people love children and your baby will be spoiled rotten. You and baby will have a great trip. Happy Travel, LemonLady

C3i
Cheshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Children - Dalyan

Cheers guys. It's definitely been too long since we've visited Turkey as I'd forgotten that "we go out of our way to help" approach we've encountered from the Turkish people on previous visits ! Can't wait for our trip, and am more relaxed about littl'un now! Thanks.

6. Re: Children - Dalyan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations