We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first ever visit !

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
first ever visit !

Hi there

This is our first ever visit to Turkey !! We are staying in a villa (Villa Emirhan) 2 miles from the centre of Dalyan at the end of July for 2 weeks.

Theres me and hubby and our kids 14 and 12 yr olds

What do we need to know - where should we visit - Im so excited to be going !

manchester
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: first ever visit !

Our children, who are similar age to yours, loved Golbasi restaurant. It is on the road between the town and the beach but if you ring they will pick you up and drop you off for free. They are on the river and have a pedalo that the kids can take out. We went a couple of times as it was their favourite place for lunch. They also enjoyed the turtle hospital and the walk along the beach.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: first ever visit !

that sounds fab - will definately give it a try thanks cocoaMAnchester xx

can anyone advise about tipping in Turkey ?? what are the dos and dont ! Are you expected to tip everyone ! Dont want to offend !

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: first ever visit !

If I remember correctly a trip to the turtle hospital was included in the jeep safari. Can't guarantee that is still the case but it may be worth making an inquiry while looking for a deal.

Regarding tips, it would seem to be the 'done thing'. We based our tips on the service we received.

Edited: 7:52 am, May 16, 2014
London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: first ever visit !

The market on a Saturday....if your teens are into labelled clothing here they will enjoy this and there are many good to fair copies to be brought.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: first ever visit !

Well, never made the tombs,the waterfall place with the trout,the turtle hospital,want to do the para-gliding in Olu Deniz and also the new ivy lounge boat too

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: first ever visit !

Hi Paula,

Echo all the above, you will absolutely love the place, for mozzies buy sinkov and buy 2 big bottles for the hol for 2 peeps, for the rooms, get the standard "raid stuff" to spray your apt/villa before and after going out in the evening, (extra supping time for when you get back (at least 1-2 hours) and always use the plug ins in the bedrooms ! other than that best hol ever !!!!!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: first ever visit !

....and if you are a mossie magnet....remember to spray sinkof on thin T shirts etc before you put them on.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: first ever visit !

the markets sound fab - my daughter will be very happy !!

yup i am a mossie magnet : (( but I will spray everything in sight !! haha thank you

How far is Olu Deniz ?? we didn't want to hire a car but I would love to visit there I have heard so much about the lagoon

Mayland, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: first ever visit !

We have just returned from this villa, and can highly recommend it. Lovely pool and great facilities at the villa, very clean and well decorated. The owner is also very helpful and answered lots of questions I had before our holiday. We did the local beach, a lovely boat ride to a beautiful beach which is very safe for children. We also did a one day trip looking at turtles, short time at the beach, mud baths and cruise round a small part of the lake and it was very enjoyable. Dalyan is easy to get to, just a short minibus ride away - they charged us 8 Lira each way for a family of 4. The villa is quite remote so take comfortable shoes to walk on the dirt road, and maybe a torch (although there is one at the villa) if you plan to be out after dark. Enjoy this lovely villa!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: first ever visit !

Hi JandMfamily

thanks for your review of the villa. It does look lovely in the pics so nice to hear u found it to be the same in real life !

Would you say its too far to walk to Dalyan ?

Thanks for the tip about the shoes and the torch - hoping its not too far out ?!