We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First holiday to Dalyan

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darlington
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First holiday to Dalyan

Hi,

We have been coming to Turkey on hols for the last 16 yrs, we usually go to Hisaronu and Olu Deniz. Although we love it there we know everywhere and this year wanted to try somewhere new, but it had to still be Turkey! We have been to Dalyan on day trips and always thought it looked lovely, so today I booked up for 2 weeks at the end of August, staying at the Metin Hotel!

We love getting out and about so any help with what to see and where to go would be great, also which boat trips are the best.

Will miss Hisaronu but am sure we will probably love Dalyan just as much.

Can't wait to get there!!

Nicky

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Hi Nicky

I have stayed in Oludeniz in 2005 and visited last year for a day to meet a wedding planner.

We were staying in Dalyan in The Metin hotel! This was our first visit to Dalyan in a group of around 25 and every one of us loved it! So much so that after our wedding in Oludeniz this summer we are going back!

the Metin is a lovely little family run hotel in perfect location literally on top of all the restaurants. The area is very chilled out and relaxed.

We did trips on The Lemon lounge to Ekincik Bay which I would highly recommend.

We also got on a boat to the mud baths which was fun.

We did the boat trip to the beach, we only stayed half a day purely because it was really hot with the kids, but I would say this trip was worth it just to see the scenery.

And we also took the bus to the turtle beach which was unique because of the turtles, very interesting.

There are lots of amazing restaurants in Dalyan too, I made a list of a few from trip advisor before I went and the reviews proved successful. I have to say my favourites were Ali Baba's (no menus but amazing food) and Bistro Blue ( a bit more fancy), also Natural Paradise was lovely.

I can't wait to get back there later this year.

Have a lovely time, I am sure you will and the Metin will really look after you.

Darlington
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Hi Cazacap

Thanks for you reply, am really looking forward to going to Dalyan. Hotel seems to have been a great choice, it's always good to have an opinion from someone who has stayed there.

I know someone who got married in Olu a few years ago and she said it was amazing, the lagoon is a beautiful setting. Hope you have a fantastic day when it's your wedding day!

Nicky

Liverpool, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Hi Nicky it's our 3rd time to the metin this year and wudnt go Anywer else we have booked for 27th aug hope to see u there xx

manchester uk
Level Contributor
484 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

I also recommend the trip to Ekincik with lemon lounge, wonderful day out :)

Also try Ekin dip dag for traditional turkish breakfast, hop off the dolmus on the way to the beach and stay for a few hours.

Darlington
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Hi Pauline,

Looking forward to getting there, can you recommend any rooms for me? Usually like to be on 1st floor with pool or garden view. The hotel looks great in the pics, lovely pool. Will have to look out for you, do you go as a couple or family? We are a couple, getting on a bit now as am 52! Still like a great time on hols tho.

Nicky

Essex
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Hi Nicky. You have made a very good choice, we have friends who own a beautiful villa in Ovacek and we love to go there as we also love the area!!! BUT Dalyan wins as our best place in Turkey everytime! Never thought we would return to the same place year after year but we have booked again in June and it can not come quick enough xxx Have a great time I know you will love it xxxxx

bolton
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Hiya Nicky, the Metin has 4 rooms which have tiny balconies that overlook the tombs.

If you e-mail them with your preference,they will be more than happy to oblige.

We were there 2 years ago and e-mailed them for a room with a view of the tombs, which are spectacular at night. Alternatively e-mail them for a pool view. Unfortunately there are no garden views to speak of.

KF.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Welcome to the forum Nicky...I am sure Dalyan will exceed all your expectations and you will have a fantastic holiday :)

Keep an eye on this forum once the season gets going for this year's top tips and recommendations...

Sel

Darlington
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

Hi,

I find myself on here most days! There are so many different topics to read about. Think I will start to write a list of all the places we will want to visit and all the places we want to eat in. Have had a look at the maps and it's great to be able to see where everything is.

Keep up the great work everyone please.

Nicky

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First holiday to Dalyan

hi the lemon lounge boat trip is really good you can prebook this to make sure you get a place on board as they are really popular they are on facebook and you can also bring up there website which gives an idea of there trips and prices

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan