We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street food

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annan
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Street food

We really like to try street food that locals patronise. It will be our first visit to Dalyan, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated: either names of dishes to try or places to give a try. Thanks :)

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street food

Welcome to Dalyan Forum AnaAnnan. There are several restaurants and lokantas in Dalyan that serve authentic Turkish food. For a great selection of meze dishes, try Saki (on the waterfront where the first of the boats are moored) or Bistro Clou (next to the market place). For lokanta dishes (canteen style dining), there's the new Pasha's (on the waterfront, at the the other end of the boats) or the new lokanta on the main road - some one said it's opposite the first petrol station. There are a few good cafe /lokantas in an area behind the main drag where locals eat and the men play board games. If you ask somebody for directions to Aksoy Jewellers or Ramazan Han, take the little side street between them and you will arrive at an area that has cafes, shops and a supermarket. Lots of the regulars like to eat hear as food is good value and just as tasty as the more touristy restaurants. Enjoy! :-)

manchester uk
Level Contributor
484 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street food

I loved pashas, so tasty and very simple no frills dining.

Also love Atay Dostlers near the dolmus stand.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street food

If by "street food" do you mean stop, grab and eat on the move.....like container food off a stall ? Only stand's that I have seen are for the ice creams (5TL, very nice....cok guzel !) or the usual pancakes.

However, keep your eyes peeled in and outside the bakers dotted around. They do lots of savory meat or cheese boregi pastries, abit like a cornish pasty, cheese rolls, abit like a spring roll, nice thick pizza slices etc and their sweet counters are lovely, everything from Baklava,rice puddings, and my favorite thing was I think like a cherry lattice but it reminded me of mincepies .....yummy.

Other wait and grab things at local places like Cagri opposite bus station .....pide and meat wraps. They do at least 10 varities of pides.....which can be done as a take away chopped and in a box.

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
400 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Street food

We like Cagri opposite the dolmus station going into the market square, Firats in the alleys behind Razaman Han, and Dalyan Café opposite end of the High Street from the Post Office.

Must say we find these small Turkish eateries much better value than some of the more highly rated Restaurants, and so much easier on the pocket!

dorset
Level Contributor
551 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Street food

And of course you must try the Turkish doner kebabs (lamb is the most authentic). The best one I had there was at the Bulent Donerci in the square by the mosque. It is a very simple restaurant serving just kebabs and salads. I recommend the Iskender Kebab (doner meat on small pieces of pitta bread with a tomato and burnt butter sauce).

Annan
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Street food

Thanks for all replies, they sound like my kind of thing. Mouth watering already.Looking forward to giving them a go in 31/2 weeks.:)

7. Re: Street food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan