We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Dalyan

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
620 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Dalyan

Back from my trip to Dalyan. Firstly it was lovely to see my daughter, who i had not seen for 3 months, we had a lovely reunion and a very late first night catch up.

Our villa was great and very near town, thank you TC.

We had some great meals out, the find of the holiday was defiantly the Begonville House BAR & Restaurant, the most amazing food, the best burgers I have ever had, pasta to die for, and an aubergine dish that was out of this world, our first night we had 4 main meals 5 effes, coke,water all for 98 lira. We eat here 3 times (would have been 4, but we could not get seats-book if you can) the only bad thing about this was the wait-we waited almost an hour for our food the first time, so go early, enjoy your drinks, don’t be in a rush and im sure you will enjoy.

We also went to the turtle restaurant which was very good, also the popin, which I have never really eaten at before but had the mezee platter which was really nice, one of our party had a t-bone steak here and said it was very good.

The green cottage was a bit of a disappointment for me, we always go here at least once, but I ordered the vegetable fajita and was served cauliflower, broccoli ,onion, tomatoes and BRUSSEL SPROUTS, the weirdest fajita I have ever had.

We started the first day by going for a Turkish bath at the sahin, great experience, very relaxing and felt very clean afterwards.

We had some lovely boat trips, the Lemon lounge being top of the list, well worth the little extra just for the food (Alper told me his mum has help this year) we did the moonlight cruise, with visit to mud baths, it was my birthday and got a cake with sparkles, which was a nice surprise.

We also did a fishing/crabbing trip, and a day trip to Bacardi bay. We underestimated the sun on both these trips and got burnt, beware how hot it gets?

We did a jeep safari trip, and had lots of fun, saw a lot of country side and had a meal up in one of the mountain restaurants.

It was a fantastic holiday, and not one mossie bite?

ps: My girls did drag me to Sweet sixteen on my birthday, I lasted all of 5 minutes?

Edited: 5:50 pm, August 26, 2013
St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Dalyan

Lovely post, def going to try this begonville now. Glad you had a lovely time. And you get the added bonus going home to a four day week.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Dalyan

Five minutes at SS...lightweight! Ha ha. Nice report tho TJ. :)

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Dalyan

Great to read you had a great time.....especially when you thought you might not make it to Dalyan at all...

Here's to good luck for you going again next year!!

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Dalyan

Glad you had a fab time - made all the better by your reunion with your daughter. Begonville seems to be the flavour of the season this time, along with Lime. Will try to sample both next year. Maybe there should be a Sweet Sixty alongside Sweet Sixteen for those of us who saw the last of our teens many moons ago! We could end the evening with a nice cup of cocoa at 11pm lol! :-)

5. Re: Back from Dalyan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:00 am, May 28, 2016
Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Dalyan

Glad you had a great time. L2R let me know when it opens. i'll be there lol

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
499 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Dalyan

Brilliant idea love2roam, what kind of music would we want though?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Dalyan

Sweet sixty! Haha :)

Taichi, thanks for a great report... It sounds like you had a lovely holiday and a fab reunion with your daughter!

Begonvilla house is getting amazing reviews lately, can't wait to try it for myself next month and very excited for our moonlight cruise on LL/OL (not sure which one we're on yet)

Sel

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Dalyan

Shorty how about Happy Together

By The TURTLES ! !

10. Re: Back from Dalyan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations