We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

We have booked our first time visit to Dalyan in September with Thomas Cook. We paid the almost obligatory "extras" to reserve a window seat. On checking my details tonight I now find we no longer have window seats as the plane has been changed from 6 seat to 9 seat width. This means that we are in the 3 seats in the middle of the plane- no window!! Despite a lengthy conversation with TC they are refusing to budge ( unless I pay for more extras) stating we have the seat numbers we requested ( which were window seats at the time of booking) and the small print states they can change the plane at anytime. They seem to think I should be grateful I have kept the original seat numbers!

Just want to make people aware in case they also think they have window seats. I have not received any correspondence from TC informing me of this change and if I hadn't checked tonight I would have had no knowledge of this change until I went to print my tickets when I checked in on-line. What the advisor from TC did inform me was most of this plane now has reserved seating with very little availability/flexibility to change your seat. Forewarned is forearmed so they say...I am disgusted with TC but can't wait to visit Dalyan.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

Hi jms,

First, I would really like to welcome you for your first visit to Dalyan. I guarantee you will love it!! ...and if not I will buy you an Efes beer :)

Second, I would ask why the heck did you book a flight with Total Crock?

Cheers, Mx.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

Hi Murdoman

Naïve perhaps!!!!!! Still if I can suffer the flight .... I'll find the nearest bar on arrival for this famous Efes. I am a lager drinker and currently I'm so wound up about TC the thought of being in Dalyan in two weeks ( yippee- hopefully just arrived there at this time in a fortnight) but not if TC are as bad as people make out..numerous delays etc! Not even arrived yet but looking at alternative airlines for next year as everyone says what a wonderful place Dalyan is and if the forum is anything to go by you're a friendly lot! Bring it on...14 more sleeps to go

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

jms52 if you've paid extra for something you are not going to get, then demand a refund for that element of your ticket. It really annoys me that these big companies get away with shocking service and then rip people off too. And they make it so difficult as well as expensive (no freephone numbers etc) to get recompense. I do use TC- but only as a last resort and only if I can fly during the day. A night flight from hell with them a couple of years ago left me in so much pain that it put me off for life. I would choose ANY airline over them! Anyway, at least you've got a blissful holiday to look forward to and fingers crossed that your flight will be a lot more comfortable than the one I had. Watch out though ...as Murdo says, you'll love Dalyan. Which means you will owe him an Efes! ;-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

jms,

I really do hope that you are not on the Total Crock 757 that we endured to and from Dalaman a couple of years back. I will not bore regulars with details again. But would advise you that TCrock employ an army of "customer care" people to wear any dissatisfied customer into the ground. The CAA will only confirm that there are no regulations in force for 'cabin appearance, cleanliness or seat comfort'. In my experience the CAA are about as useless as one of my farts in a force ten gale!

I do however wish you well for your flights to and from Dalaman. Maybe TC have now improved the services provided...but I have never flown with this company since. For future reference, Easy Jet, Jet 2 and Turkish Airlines are maybe preffered ways of travel to Dalaman.

Maybe time for a new question on the forum about airtravel providers?

Cheers, Mx.

Edited: 5:27 pm, August 26, 2013
liverpool
Level Contributor
508 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

Hi Jms

My plane has also been changed but I received an email from TC and was allowed to change my selected seat online free of charge. Have you tried doing this using the 'my booking' tab? I am on the 7am flight Manchester 16th Sep if you are on this one there was still a few window seats free when I looked this evening

Best wishes Nora

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

NittyNora. I love your name... Takes me me back to childhood memories of queuing in the cloakroom to get your hair checked, but not quite knowing what nittynora was looking for!!! I used to get really upset when I never got the 'special chit' some kids did... Totally off topic I know but I don't care... Living dangerously is my new motto...

However, tommy crook is scandalous... Delayed 6 hours some years ago with them as the plane battery died... Then it turned out to be the plane equivilant of the alternator & then to cap it all Once on the plane i got a wet bottom from my seat.... A carrier bag had been put under the cover as it would appear someone had had an 'accident' on the inbound flight, which defeated the carrier bag solution. But that was okay as that was my tought luck apparently... Never flown with them again thank goodness. I would keep calling them JMS & demand your money back for pre booked seats. Good luck & it will all be forgotten when you get to Dalyan

Edited: 5:55 pm, August 26, 2013
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

Ha ha. Hope you did'nt smell too much of pee Mrs happy! Sitting in someone else's excrement for four hours is somtimes the price to pay with some air carriers. Did TC charge you for this added extra?

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

The cabin crew offered me an extra carrier bag to sit on & yes I stunk of pee... My fav plane moment was two years ago when the asst'd boarding couple obv had the seats next me, got drunk, had a fight, then the hubby feel asleep on me & dribbled.... Mind you there was the time a child threw his orange goop of a meal at me & the parents thought it was funny....odd they didn't think it funny when I threw it back.. I quite like that memory.... Hmmm the night flight to Jo'Berg when I had a screaming full on nightmare, woke all the babies up, terrified the woman next to me is also a fond memory...

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

...and all I do is drink my duty free, fall asleep and snore. Never wet the seat yet. The snoreing annoys the person next to me, but thats usually mrs man. For better or worse...poor girl! Ha ha.

Edited: 7:41 pm, August 26, 2013
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Thomas Cook Saga- and we haven't even flown yet!

Thomas cook sounds like a nightmare to fly with ,im flying with thomson hope there better lol ,liz

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations