We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

texting?

east sussex
Level Contributor
532 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
texting?

my daughter is constanly texting so what is the best package to get, she with orange, or should she buy a Turkish sim? we had many a hundred or so bill !!!!!

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: texting?

Not really a Dalyan topic

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: texting?

This is a often a prob with teens when on holiday. Has she got whatsapp? If she has you would do well to tell her to use that instead if texting: obviously only when she is in a free wifi place.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: texting?

Vibes is good if she downloads it and get her friends to do the same and then use the free wifi in the bars ,it's free to download and also to make calls .....

east sussex
Level Contributor
532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: texting?

sorry its not a dalyan topic but I felt I could ask as ive been addicted to this forum since falling in love with dalyan last year and felt that all you good people give good advice just don't want to see her with massive phone bill when we get home !!!!think I heard you can buy a sim and it works out cheaper

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: texting?

Try viber ....

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: texting?

Agree with Whatsapp, and I think it is travel related.

bobbie

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: texting?

No need to apologise sandy, of course it's relevant to Dalyan (it's travel related) as many holidaymakers find themselves in the same predicament on holiday and it's wise to do your research first. I was introduced to whatsapp recently and it's free to use - the friends she texts must download it too. You can buy sim cards but you have to register a phone first and it's not that cheap. I'd encourage your daughter to keep in touch via email from an internet cafe rather than text - though I know how difficult it is to prise a phone off a teenager! :-)

leicestershire
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: texting?

Whats app can be downloaded to any smart phone and its free to message and picture message to anyone as long as they are on it too its handy even to use in this country and even handier to keep in touch with friends and family while away on holiday ! Just need to connect to free wifi to avoid huge data roaming charges most places in dalyan have free wifi to connect to

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: texting?

Good point ruthpeers. Always go into your mobile phone settings and switch off data roaming before you get to Turkey. Data roaming charges are prohibitive. :-)

solihull
Level Contributor
530 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: texting?

Sandy.To stay in touch go back in time and use the phones at the PTT.They are incredibly cheap.We hv been doing this for years.Its quite strange but a five minuite call back to the UK at around nine at night can wok out about 40p.Cheaper than Uk.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations