We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why was my post removed

Leek, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
why was my post removed

My last post yesterday about what a lovely relaxing day we had has been removed as it was deemed innapropriate.

Whoever did that needs to get a grip. This is a forum for those of us who love dalyan and want to have a nice light heated chat with alittle banter thrown in.

Give your head a wobble

Lisa X

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: why was my post removed

You really think its that organised? I'd have thought In this case its probably somebody with some sort of loyalty/affiliation with the restaurant concerned hoping to get any negative comments removed.

There's all sorts of random stuff in here that could be taken down as "not travel related" but presumably nobody cares enough to report it usually. But if someones brothers/fathers/friends restaurant gets mentioned in a negative post, that may be a different matter for some.

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: why was my post removed

Oooh! that sounds a bit sinister murdo. Not sure I agree with the conspiracy theory but someone definitely has too much time on their hands if there's only one person deleting all these posts..

I actually thought the initial posting about Chef was meant as a cheeky response to the advert they posted on the '1st night meal' thread, which I then presumed they took offence to......not sure I should have mentioned the name?

Edited: 5:14 am, July 09, 2013
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: why was my post removed

Don't let this case of censorship prevent you all from posting your thoughts and experiences regarding Dalyan.

This is my first comment on this forum but I have been reading the forum for over a year now. I read what was said about Chef Steak House and I thought you all discussed it in appropriate manner. I do think that people will read the issue and make their own minds up. I find your posts invaluable better than any guide book money can buy!!

Keep on posting.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: why was my post removed

Every now and then somebody pops up on one or more forums with the intention of coursing discontent.They probably don,t have any interest in the topics or Turkey.Sometimes people repost the "offending"post and they are left undeleated.

There is a poster doing the rounds at the moment deliberately winding people up on what are interesting topics.So keep calm and carry on.

uk
Level Contributor
492 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: why was my post removed

Maybe TA should start spending some time on getting the hotels re listed under the correct places as it was before rather than being so pedantic and closing threads left right and centre. All they are doing is annoying the regulars that constantly promote TA.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: why was my post removed

Hi jacko,

My thanks for your first posting. I do meet up with a number of friends living in Dalyan who never post, but who do read up on the forums. They tell me that they like the random posts that add flavour and humour to the standard Q and A's. Without these slightly diverse posts, they would obviously not bother with TA as they do not really need to ask anything!

Yes. I will continue to promote Dalyan on TA, until TA delete me as a member. Yes. I will post stuff that is somtimes not entirely relevant. And yes. I will continue to post as me.

cheers,mx.

Edited: 5:40 pm, July 09, 2013
17. Re: why was my post removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations