We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last question!!

Brighton, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Last question!!

Hi guys, last question i promise!!

Trying to organise what money to take........how does this sound...........................

£150 changed up over here.

£200 to change there

and bank card for the rest??

Thanks for help!! Giving me such a headache!!

1. Re: Last question!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:59 am, January 13, 2015
West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last question!!

Hi GemM83

Personally I'd only change £50 here as you generally get a much better rate in Dalyan, and you'll find that there are money changing facilities open 7 days a week (Aksoy's Jewellers for example). We often arrive in Dalyan with next to no money! I've not used a bank card simply because you never know what rate you're going to get and banks impose a minimum card transaction, but at least you don't have to carry lots of cash around with you and I'm sure several forumites use them In Dalyan. So, the decision is yours! :-)

PS: Ask as many questions as you like - that's what the forum is here for. :-)

Edited: 7:42 am, July 02, 2013
england
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last question!!

I think you can get away with not changing any money over here. the only thing you would need it for is to tip the transfer driver if it is a private transfer. Then when you go for a wander into town you can change it there. Or change as little as makes you comfortable here. £10 ! In my humble opinion £150 is way too much to change over here.

Edited: 8:52 am, July 02, 2013
nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last question!!

Simply take as much cash as you can (or are comfortable with). Its the best way to get the best rate. I'd only change £50 before going too.

Brighton, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Last question!!

Many thanks for your replies, chopped in £80 and got 230lt. That will keep me going for a couple of nights!!! :-) can't frigging wait!!!

east sussex
Level Contributor
512 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last question!!

went to kusadarsi last week and my friend changed all her money at Gatwick and got 2.60 lra and I got 2.95 in resort worked out so much better there!!

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last question!!

I think that's one of the golden rules of travel isn't it? Exchange at the airport = getting shafted!

england
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last question!!

Plenty of places to exchange money in Dalyan. Bank, post office, jewellers and ATM although there is a charge at the ATM. Best place generally is the post office up the main street with a good exchange rate. Tidus is right do not change money at the airport you will be definitely shafted. Have a good time

9. Re: Last question!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations