We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalyan to Fethiye market

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
127 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dalyan to Fethiye market

Hi all,

is there a direct dolmus to Fethye on Tuesdays for the market and how long and how much is it?

What other markets are easy to get to and what days are they on?

Thanks in advance.

Tamworth Staffs
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

When we visited Dalyan last year there was an all day trip by a small coach (seated about 20 with A/C and guide) which included Fethiye Market (approx 2 hrs) then a great lunch at a restaurant (included in the price) by the deserted Greek Village

Then onto Olu Deniz lagoon for the afternoon (sunbeds Included) and on the way back a stop off at a Turkish Delight factory

It was a brilliant day and cost about 50tl

If you wanted to go it is bookable through a lot of the boat tour companies ...

It's well worth a try if you don't mind being out all day..

Almere, Nederland
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

Dolmus to Fethiye is 30TL.

Other markets are:

Ottaca every friday. Dolmus i think it was something as 7 TL (one way)

Koycegiz, every monday. Nice trip by boat. About 15 TL retour.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

How long does the Dolmus take to get to Fetiye please?

Lorraine

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

Dolmus leaves about 9am. Takes up to 2 hours to get to Fethiye. Parks up near the market. Unfortunately you will get hassled by the sellers in the market, a lot more than in Dalyan.

If you get fed up with the market, the harbour is a bit of a walk. Hope Dalyan never grows to the same extent as Fethiye.......... Tesco, McDonalds....................yeuch

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

Never been to a Turkish market( never been to turkey lol) is it worth travelling to a market in a bigger gown or is the one in Dalyan much the same? Or does it have less goods for sale & its much more expensive?

Hamilton, Scotland
Level Contributor
290 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

We have nearly always found - the Bigger the Market the stalls just really repeat themselves i.e T-Shirts, Shoes, Handbags Table clothes etc, T_Shirts, Shoes, Handbags etc if you get my meaning. They are also not so keen to Haggle any more, the last couple of years (Not in Dalyan to be truthful) we have found the shops to be just as cheap and normally better quality - This was at Fethiye and Calis Beach markets. But I am sure someone who has been to Dalyan will be able to correct me if I am wrong. Will still certainly have a wander round the market in Dalyan when we come in July - just can't resist.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

Yes FafHamilton, I agree with you, the tourist markets are not really a cheap option anymore, most of the goods are cheaper in the shops and the smallholders are unwilling to haggle. For example, my daughter wanted to buy a small item from a market stall, price 12tl, she managed to get the stall holder down to 8tl but they wouldn't go down any further so she walked away. Later she saw exactly the same item for 2.5 tl in a shop!

Edited: 2:16 am, June 06, 2013
Wales, UK
Level Contributor
219 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

We have found that the more 'local' the markets they are, the less touristy stuff is there. Mugla market is huge - it's impressive for just the sheer numbers of fruit and veg stalls - this is on a Thursday. Gokova - near Akyaka is smaller but has fruit and veg plus household stuff and clothes

We go to markets for our fruit and veg so this suits us

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

İf the information is correct that the dolmus is 30,00 TL then İ suggest you rent a car, you can rent one for about 70,00 TL. Go early, before the crowds, see the market, drive to Kayaköy, wonder around the wonderful deserted village and then only 7 more kilometers down to Gemiler beach. Dalyan has one of the most beautiful long strechted beaches, but this bay is one of the most scenic small beaches in Turkey.

Enjoy!

10. Re: Dalyan to Fethiye market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan