We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i.pads

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
i.pads

I was lucky to get an i.pad for christmas and was hoping to get the best use out of it on holiday,trouble is I'm not great with tech type stuff.I don't sleep well so like to watch a film at the end of the night,then listen to an audio book through the night.Whats the best and cheepest way to put them on my i.pad.Or will I have to take my dvd player & dvd/cd's as usual?

Got Lovefilms but they tell me I can't get them outside U.K.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: i.pads

That's not so good to hear, Bobbie. If I can get on the internet with wifi then I have always been able to use Facetime so I wonder why you couldn't. Was it at one particular place that you had problems or everywhere with wifi?

I forgot to mention your audiobooks in my original reply Turkofile. If they are on CDs and you have a computer as well as the iPad then you can download them to Apple's iTunes (already on your iPad and a free download for a pc) and sync them to your iPad. You can also buy downloads from the iTunes Store, Audible or other audiobook seller directly from your iPad.

Stephen

Edited: 4:30 am, April 22, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: i.pads

Steph

I only tried it in the hotel perhaps that's may be the reason.

Victor I take them pads with me as well lol

13. Re: i.pads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:04 am, April 06, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: i.pads

Victor only use mine really when I get excited so not much washing. what a small world, I origionally come from the Isle of Dogs moved to East Ham when I got married 39 years ago. You would not want to come back now.

You are right about us old eastenders being well mannered none of that in East Ham now don't use buses much but nowadays you could be the first in the queue and last on always get into a row, keep it well mannered though. Lol.

Bobbie x

uk
Level Contributor
488 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: i.pads

We were in Ovacik and had no problem with FaceTime, and for those that didn't have an iPad or iPhone who we were contacting we used Skype to Skype which is also free, and again if the person you are contacting doesn't have Skype either you can phone skype to a landline,you need to add money to your account, but the calls were really cheap just a few pence per minute.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: i.pads

Victor,thanks for the "youngster".As you go home before we get there you won,t see just how wrong you are :-)

Still after a school reunion with girls I haven't,t seen for 50years I realised working with young people has kept me young in outlook.Still don,t understand some of the advice given but will check with some "youngsters"on how to action.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: i.pads

I too love the 'youngster'tag having just got my 'saga' insurance

Stourport on...
Level Contributor
301 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: i.pads

I used FaceTime last summer in Dalyan in the bars - no problem.

:-)

19. Re: i.pads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations