We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timer needs advice!

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
258 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
first timer needs advice!

Hi we are regulars to Turkey (Calis) but have decided to try Dalyan after hearing many good things. The villas we fancy (12 of us in total), are Villa Chamuel and Villa Gabriel. these are 2 identical 4 bed villas next to each other. I do not know the address and wondered if anybody here actuall knew of their location and if it would be possible to walk to bars/resturaunts in under 20 mins or so? any other tips would be appreciated. we have ages ranging from 70 down to 5 in our group!!! we cannot wait to try Dalyan. thanks Jan

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timer needs advice!

hi jan, dont know if i can help but from what its saying it sounds like its about 10 mins, but i cant find area neither. all i do know is you will love it. we went last oct , our 1st time and we fell in love with it! have booked to go again in may, cant wait. only 70 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loads to do and so pretty. best wishes.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timer needs advice!

Hi jan,

Likewise, i'm not familiar with these villas but most accommodation in Dalyan is within a 15 minute walk from the centre (unless it particularly states that its further away in the outskirts) and you'll probably find plenty of shops, bars, restaurants etc even closer.

Dalyan has so much to offer all ages and one of the best things about the town is how flat and easy to get around it is...its a fantastic choice for a family holiday!

Sel

Edited: 12:04 pm, March 03, 2013
england
Level Contributor
258 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timer needs advice!

thanks so much for replies, will get it booked as villas look fab! roll on august!.

Jan

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first timer needs advice!

Hi Jan,

Am sure you will come back with a case of Dalayanitis like the rest of us.

We discovered Dalayn after visits to Hisaronou and Calis. As soon as we stepped on to the road near the market on our first morning we just knew that Dalyan was our sort of place!! An promptly fell in love with it.

It's our 3rd time this summer and without sounding cheesy - it does feel like you're going home.

Have a fab time and if I can be of any help pls ask, although am defo no expert ha ha. There are some real experts on this forum and everyone is really friendly so ask away if u need to.

Get those villas booked!!

Janice xx

england
Level Contributor
258 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timer needs advice!

villas booked mid aug for 2 weeks so will be nice and hot!!! flights from leeds bradford, cost us a fortune!!! cant wait now, the sun today has made me realise how much i love the sun!!! thanks to all.

Janice nearer the time i will pester you again!!!

Janx

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first timer needs advice!

Yay Jan,

Well done!! We always fly from LBA as it's only 3 miles from our house. Are u going Jet2 or Monarch???

Feel free to pester ha ha

Speak soon,

Janice xxxxxxxxx

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first timer needs advice!

I'm there as a Dalyan 'virgin' well TBH a Turkey 'virgin' from Aug 14th to the 29th...cannot wait

London
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first timer needs advice!

You will absolutely love Dalyan, we first went in 2011 with our two young children and haven't looked back, even though we never go back to the same place twice! This year we fly out on 16th August - may see you there..

I hope you all enjoy it as much as we have.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first timer needs advice!

Ha ha say hi if you see someone in a notts county shirt(it will be me as there ain't many county fans)

London
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first timer needs advice!

I will ! we will be there the same time as you.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan