We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less Lira for your Quids

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
772 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Less Lira for your Quids

The £ has been weakening steadily against the Euro and other currencies. Current rates for the TL seem to be about 2.60-2.65, over 10% down on what we were getting last year and the forecast isn't great.

Is anyone over there at the mo? What is the rate there?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

Rabbie on Dalyan Live site it is showing 2.74 in resort. Thank goodness I bought extra when I was there in September. Still not too bad though. I can remember one year when we only got 2.28 at the most.

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

Can only hope it picks up a bit before the season starts.... not good though, especially when combined with the inevitable price rises on arrival!

Its because sterling has been falling against the dollar and euro - the lira to pound rate is almost entirely dictated by these rates.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
434 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

Not sure about the current rate but I know that petrol is currently 5TL per litre for those thinking of hiring a car. The car hire prices have been pretty reasonable for the past few years but probably a reflection of the price of petrol.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,449 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

2.73 TL to £1 in Side at present. You will always get best rates if you bring UK cash to Turkey and change to TL at a bank or Post Office /PTT in Turkey. Euros are often written up but still you get a better deal with TL here.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

This morning the UK lost its triple AAA Rating, so that is bad news for the pound.

We are not going to back it back for a long time, so I would say do not expect a great rate this summer

6. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:01 am, April 06, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

Luv it Victor !

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
761 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

Boring Sunday afternoon so rooting through some old stuff in the desk and find a roll of 200 tl notes... Yo ! Must have stuffed them in the draw a couple of years ago and CRAFT did the rest !

9. Re: Less Lira for your Quids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations