We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Fully intended to write during holiday but got swept away, did have a half hearted attempt in Effes bar on one occasion but space bar was sticking & I was too worried about missing something to persevere! The smart phone was chucked in a drawer & only came out to check our flight home was on time.

Flights out (25/08) & back (08/09) with Jet 2 were perfect (we flew from Manchester instead of our preferred East Midlands as it was £100 each cheaper) price £380 for 2 including 1 case using some of our loyalty points – well worth signing up for. Only grumble was cases had obviously been left on the tarmac in the pouring rain, will definitely not pack one of those La Senza knicker drawer smellies again – everything in the undies pocket was stained a bright pink in places!. Free transfer to Dalyan with apartment booked at the White House (No 3 – upstairs) was faultless. The apartment was spacious, 3 balconies, and clean, but I think now that they are all owned separately and a couple of them are for sale the communal grounds look a little unloved, although pool was attended daily. Also lacking the personal touch, but a very good price, especially for 4 -the 2nd bedroom was along the landing and self contained with its’ own lockable door, air con, balcony, bathroom etc. Did enjoy staying in this area for the first time it was nice to check out the places I had only read about, particularly liked Altin Tava, Prince of Caunos, Asena Motel/Enjoy Bar – pricy but very classy, and of course much closer to Sevgi Gozleme which as ever was very popular.

We did look out for you Sarafran in Effes on the Saturday we arrived, but were far too ambitious with our eta – it was 11.00pm before we got there. This holiday (our 4th year) we challenged ourselves to find different things to do (normally we are horizontal or eating/drinking for most of the time!) we particularly enjoyed the turtle sanctuary for the first time, getting the dolmus to drop us off at the pancake house on the way back from the beach – bliss sitting in the breezy Kosk with 2 pancakes each, side of tomatoes & olives, melon to follow, fresh pomegranate juice – all for less than 20TL (sorry no Effes here), we had a private boat trip on our anniversary (350TL for 4 including lunch), a trip with Ali Ozalp to Barcardi beach (40TL each including the best lunch cooked on a stone barbecue on the beach - no one else in sight) & a private days fishing (it turns out I am an expert at catching crabs). The first week was very hot, the second a welcome 4 degrees lower & much more bearable, especially pleasant at night. After putting clothes through the washing machine at the White House & waving our friends off home we transferred to the Kilim for our 2nd week – utter bliss (reviewed separately). I did try to email Sahin twice before we left the UK but didn’t get any response so missed out on our usual scrub :( The second week just flew by far too quickly. Transfer back to the airport was with Resort Hoppa - £6.34 each – another couple in the minibus & we were straight off. So that’s it for Dalyan for another year, will have to make do with reading about others adventures, MM is cheering me up with his tales at the moment , happy holidays to those lucky ones still to go & I think we’ve decided to go twice next year...... unless we win Friday’s rollover then we’ll be out for good on Saturday & never come home!

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

hi nextmrsfisher...

you should be sorry talking about pink knickers, Vic will probably read this post, he will have to have a lie down in a darkened room and murdo is already talking to the cats and bats at 4.30 in the morning.

now seriously

this bar at the asena is it new as we have stayed next door at the mehtap numerous times at ate in the kervan seray dozens of times and never had the pleasure to try it out.

barry and mary

Devon
Level Contributor
132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

It was lovely to read your write-up. We seem to have fallen in to twice a year visits, I couldn't bear the thought of waiting until next year before returning, we are returning for our second visit on Sunday.

We are staying at The Mehtap for the second time this year, we must really try the Enjoy Bar at the Asena, no excuse when staying next door!

I am sure that eventually we will buy our own place in paradise, it's becoming increasingly difficult to say no!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
772 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

La Senza knicker drawer smellies. Who says we dont get class on this forum.

england
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

we went to the asena to eat, there was a bit of a mix up so ended up just having some cocktails and eating at kervansaray. we have stayed at asena many times a few years ago, it is being managed by a couple now who have introduced the enjoy bar. it really is very nice, if you have stayed next door you will be aware of the set up. the bar is built round a tree and it is really very nice and peaceful. the cocktails were excellent, they actually had alcohol in them ! which can be a problem with cocktails. anyway, try it, you wont be disappointed unless you like loud music, in which case you will be !

Wales
Level Contributor
234 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Hi, we didn't find the Efes Bar until the 3rd night. I did take a look in and wondered if you were there. Felt a bit silly staring too much at strangers, we should have some sort of signal so that we can recognize TA members!

I lost a pair of Per Una knickers! They flew of the balcony on one really windy ( weather windy not ME) night never to be seen again!

Lovely review. Might catch you next year.Only 11 month to go:(

Sarah X

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Oh Sarah, that was where they came from!! lol. unfortunately they were too small for me so I passed them on!!

Great review next mrsfisher

Edited: 5:18 pm, September 27, 2012
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Barry & Mary - yes the Enjoy bar is new & fab (but effes at 8TL was dearest we found) Rabbie Q how dare you mock my woe at my undies just ask Mrs Rabbie how bad it would be for her :) Sarah I know you stayed at the Binlik - but there were several pairs of knickers in the garden at the White House (not mine - I was too embarrassed to hang them out!) I'd forgotten about that really strange wind that was about for a couple of days & the one night when it was blowing all the A boards over & t shirt dummies.........

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Aaahhh, I love this forum - where else could a lovely, 'innocent' trip report end up in a discussion about fly away knickers HAHA ;)

Loved reading about your holiday nextmrsfisher, it sounds like you had a fantastic time! Fingers crossed you get two visits next year :)

Sel

Dalyan, Turkey
Level Contributor
107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Hi Everyone;

My name is Volkan and me and my partner Sebnem are the new owners of Asena Motel & Enjoy Bar.

We wanted to thank you for your comments and suggestions and also would like to clarify a point that nextmrsfisher has made. Price of Large Efes or Large Tuborg at our Bar is 6 TL not 8 TL. There must be a misunderstanding and I just wanted to point this out. We also sell Leffe, Corona, Magners for 8 TL a bottle and I just thought this may be the reason of confusion. In any case once again thank you for stopping by and thanks to TA for giving us the opportunity to make this comment.

Have a great weekend all,

Volkan Hacigumus

10. Re: Sorry, sorry, sorry!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations