We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can any other holiday location compare?

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barnet...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can any other holiday location compare?

Just returned from our third visit to Dalyan in 4 years (last year we tried Kalkan.) Fantastic holiday, as always - twice at Holiday Calbis & once at Villa Luxor with a group of friends.

Question is: Surely we can't return to the same location next year, so where else do we visit to experience such a wonderful time?!

We have teenage children of 12 & 14 who don't particulauly enjoy days spent on beaches (too hot and too much sand!) ... but like adventure trips.

Spent this evening looking at a couple of resorts in Greece and northern Cyprus but they just seem either SO expensive or lacking in atmosphere by comparison.

Any seasoned Dalyanites out there prepared to recommend another location which we could perhaps try for 1 year?!

Wales
Level Contributor
234 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Can any other holiday location compare?

This is so weird. Sister and hubby will probably miss out on holiday next year ( two kids in uni) this means we may miss out on a return visit to Dalyan until 2014! Have just discovered Cirali ,we may try this next year. I am really torn though. Dalyan was soooo special. Help......

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Can any other holiday location compare?

Dont worry too much i almost went to Cirali and still long to do so in the not too distant future it was only due to health reasons that i didnt make it, Do try to stay at CANADA HOTEL if you manage to go you will love it, Vic x

uk
Level Contributor
275 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Can any other holiday location compare?

we are not going to turkey ..HALAL....

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Can any other holiday location compare?

Hi happydays. Are you saying that you are not going to Turkey because of the fact that meat is Halal? If that's so, I'm intrigued at your reasoning. I'm vegetarian but have no problems whatsoever finding delicious food to eat in Turkey - and several other forum members will vouch for me. So you don't actually have to eat meat at all! And whilst halal is a very contentious issue, so I feel is factory farming in the UK (don't get me started on that!). At least most farm animals in Turkey have been reared outdoors before meeting their end. Turkish people do not actually eat that much meat as it's seen as something to be eaten on a special occasion (which is probably one reason why there's such a good choice of veggie food), so in terms of consumtion per head, they get through far less meat than Western Europeans or Americans. I'm certainly not pro-halal, but feel that if it's an issue you could just forfeit meat for a week or two (assuming you eat it?) - believe me it's worth it for a holiday in beautiful Dalyan! :-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Can any other holiday location compare?

Georgioupolis crete small not too touristy safe and we found this year it was very cheap, found the cretian people to be very friendly

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Can any other holiday location compare?

bumping up

47. Re: Can any other holiday location compare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan